ROM Hack Question Is it possible to alter an NSP's checksum / hash without damaging the file?

falcorr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm curious about trying Tinfoil with Google Drive and Dropbox but would like to minimise the risk of files being detected.

I'm open to other suggestions as to how I might use cloud storage to download and install games, too. Or, even if just options apart from Google Drive and Dropbox are available.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.NSP files can have multiple checksums so neither title installers nor Google would use those to check the files. That is because you can change the way the .NSP file is encrypted without affecting its functionality.

falcorr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OkazakiTheOtaku: I've been sitting on an older, modded version of Tinfoil, I believe it's 5.0 or 5.0.1, or something like that. Is it capable of downloading and installing 7z archives? Is it able to utilise any other archive formats?

Draxzelex: do you have any idea how Google and alike would probably detect Switch games and how I might mitigate that?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OkazakiTheOtaku: I've been sitting on an older, modded version of Tinfoil, I believe it's 5.0 or 5.0.1, or something like that. Is it capable of downloading and installing 7z archives? Is it able to utilise any other archive formats?

Draxzelex: do you have any idea how Google and alike would probably detect Switch games and how I might mitigate that?
Don't use Google Drives. Use another cloud service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol