Hacking Question Is it possible to add reboot to payload into the Hekate stock option?

bruhreid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I made this thread because I frequently switch between OFW and CFW on my Switch, so I can play legit games online, and also use emulators and homebrew. I was wondering if it was possible to slightly change the Hekate stock option to include the reboot to payload functionality that Atmosphere has. While I was looking into it, I found a github issue asking for exactly this functionality (issue 336 on the Hekate repo) but unfortunately it was closed. If anyone had any idea how to do this, that would be helpful. Thanks

D

Deleted User

I know it wouldn't be stock, I just want something safer than full CFW where I don't have to inject payloads unless my switch runs out of battery.

Why not use rest mode? I have only had to run CFW on my Switch less than 5 times in the last 1 or 2 years because you can transfer files or install games through usb.

Reactions: Lightyose

bruhreid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not use rest mode? I have only had to run CFW on my Switch less than 5 times in the last 1 or 2 years because you can transfer files or install games through usb.
The reason why is because I keep my CFW on my emunand, which I don't ever bring online because I don't want to get banned. I keep all of my online games on my sysnand, and the reason why I want this is to switch from sysnand to emunand without having to inject a payload.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know it wouldn't be stock, I just want something safer than full CFW where I don't have to inject payloads unless my switch runs out of battery.
The reason why is because I keep my CFW on my emunand, which I don't ever bring online because I don't want to get banned. I keep all of my online games on my sysnand, and the reason why I want this is to switch from sysnand to emunand without having to inject a payload.
Not possible. Your idea is flawed at its core. You need CFW for reboot to payload to work. Without CFW you don't have perms to do anything. Period.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If someone wrote it as an NSP or XCI file and it ran independently of the cfw it could work. But that'd be a lot of work. IT would be handy though no need for a Jig once hacked. I'd also worry about a ban risk as it'd stay on the system and could be detected by Nintendo.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If someone wrote it as an NSP or XCI file and it ran independently of the cfw it could work.
It wouldn't be possible to run the nsp/xci without cfw.

You can't change any of Horizon's behaviour or make it run any unofficial apps without the security changes provided by cfw. The only way to run unsigned code from the stock firmware would be with a hack like the old one for firmware 3.x, or deja vu, and they do not exist in remotely recent firmwares.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It wouldn't be possible to run the nsp/xci without cfw.

You can't change any of Horizon's behaviour or make it run any unofficial apps without the security changes provided by cfw. The only way to run unsigned code from the stock firmware would be with a hack like the old one for firmware 3.x, or deja vu, and they do not exist in remotely recent firmwares.

In theory can you downgrade the firmware using daybreak? And re-hack using the software methord? keeping an up to date CFW but old modified stock (just for booting cfw with no laptop/rcm loader). It sounds stupid but could be handy if your already banned??

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In theory can you downgrade the firmware using daybreak? And re-hack using the software methord? keeping an up to date CFW but old modified stock (just for booting cfw with no laptop/rcm loader). It sounds stupid but could be handy if your already banned??
If you downgraded your stock firmware, it wouldn't boot without hacks because of the fuse count matching a higher version. No go.

Reactions: lordelan

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ok. Did stock check the fuse count from the first version of the firmware??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've been asking a similar question in another thread. The awnser if you have a legit Stock is a definate no. And even if your banned its still probably no tbh (unless your on a low FW).

Your best bet is to set Heckate to boot into RCM as standard and use an RCM loader. I woldn't normally recommend it, as if your battery dies you need to charge... launch payload... then charge straight away (I believe the charger doesn't charge if the swtich is actually in RCM mode).

Good luck

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What exactly is "safer than full CFW" anyways? I've been running Atmosphère online since 2019 and just finished another Pokémon Unite match after upgrading to Atmos 1.0.

Just run full Atmos on your "legit" NAND and treat it like stock.

Reactions: mikefor20

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What exactly is "safer than full CFW" anyways? I've been running Atmosphère online since 2019 and just finished another Pokémon Unite match after upgrading to Atmos 1.0.

Just run full Atmos on your "legit" NAND and treat it like stock.

You may as well run full Atmos on emunand and treat like stock. If you've got to inject a payload anyway there's there's no point risking the system nand (even if your banned there's always a chance of a bad homebrew app etc).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been asking a similar question in another thread. The awnser if you have a legit Stock is a definate no. And even if your banned its still probably no tbh (unless your on a low FW).

Your best bet is to set Heckate to boot into RCM as standard and use an RCM loader. I woldn't normally recommend it, as if your battery dies you need to charge... launch payload... then charge straight away (I believe the charger doesn't charge if the swtich is actually in RCM mode).

Good luck
But you shouldn't be letting the battery die in the first place, CFW or no CFW.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
But you shouldn't be letting the battery die in the first place, CFW or no CFW.
I second this statement. My sister's Switch Lite died while in sleep mode, and now it thinks it always has 5 minutes left before it dies, so unless it's charging, it will automatically shut down immediately. Even Nintendo's own posted fixes don't work on it. It likely corrupted a value in TrustZone's firmware settings or something. Not even wiping the console fixed it. So yeah, unless you want that 1% chance of that happening to you happen every time your Switch dies, don't let it die, period.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I second this statement. My sister's Switch Lite died while in sleep mode, and now it thinks it always has 5 minutes left before it dies, so unless it's charging, it will automatically shut down immediately. Even Nintendo's own posted fixes don't work on it. It likely corrupted a value in TrustZone's firmware settings or something. Not even wiping the console fixed it. So yeah, unless you want that 1% chance of that happening to you happen every time your Switch dies, don't let it die, period.

Hope it was under warranty...

Did you manage to fix it?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hope it was under warranty...

Did you manage to fix it?
It is barely still under warranty, yes, but we have not fixed it yet due to Nintendo requiring paying for shipping ourselves. Not only that, but Nintendo will likely just replace the console instead of repairing it, and they do not guarantee keeping save data.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, I made this thread because I frequently switch between OFW and CFW on my Switch, so I can play legit games online, and also use emulators and homebrew. I was wondering if it was possible to slightly change the Hekate stock option to include the reboot to payload functionality that Atmosphere has. While I was looking into it, I found a github issue asking for exactly this functionality (issue 336 on the Hekate repo) but unfortunately it was closed. If anyone had any idea how to do this, that would be helpful. Thanks
Juste put hekate.bin into atmosphere folder and rename it reboot_payload.bin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a