Hacking Is it possible to add extra pages to the system menu?

DownSince86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently started using crap to create forwarder channels for cfg loader so I can load games on my usb HDD directly from the system menu. Problem is now I'm running out of room..I think I have about 5 empty slots left.

I know it is possible to move these channels to the SD-card but I'd rather not go that route because I like the banner animations.

So my question is: Is it possible to patch the system menu and add extra pages to it? I'd like to have at least 10...but any more than the default four would be fine by me.

DownSince86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is up for attempting it I'd be more than willing to test it. I have bootmii as boot2 so I'm willing to test pretty much anything.

I agree it would be awesome.
smile.gif
I'd also love to have a homebrew banner/channel for "A boy and his blob" as it is the only game I have to go through cfg loader to play at this point.

talicme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried myself, but maybe you can copy the channel to sd card like you do with wiiware and launch from there?

**Scratch that, forget I posted this**

DownSince86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
You didn't search hard enough. There is a thread about this already.

And no it's not possible without totally hacking the SM, which would most likely make it unstable. It has not ever been done yet.

Care to link me to it, 'cause I can't find it no matter what terms I search for. I'm hoping you can remember the thread title...

QUOTEfyi, the usb forwarder channel a boy and his blob bricks you (unless u know something i dont, i wouldn't install this)

Yes I know about that, that's why I have not installed it.
smile.gif

What I want is a "homebrew" forwarder that would load the game from the system menu without causing a brick. From what I read about it the banner is the reason why it causes the brick, correct? I can live without the banner, I just want something that functions like all the other channels I have. I'm kinda surprised that no one has done this already.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make the Boy and His Blob channel with CRAP or loadstructor, then unpack it. Rename the 00000001.app to boot.dol. Then make a wad with CustomizeMii using that boot.dol. The channel will have whatever banner you design/copy in CustomizeMii, and should run A Boy and His Blob when launched.

If you want, you can just use the boot.dol like any other app from the HBC. Just run it to start the game.

DownSince86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
Make the Boy and His Blob channel with CRAP or loadstructor, then unpack it. Rename the 00000001.app to boot.dol. Then make a wad with CustomizeMii using that boot.dol. The channel will have whatever banner you design/copy in CustomizeMii, and should run A Boy and His Blob when launched.

If you want, you can just use the boot.dol like any other app from the HBC. Just run it to start the game.

Thanks, I will look in to that. I've never used CustomizeMii but I'm sure I won't have any trouble with it.

DeadlyFoez: Thanks, I will continue to look for it. Sounds like there is nothing useful in it but I'd still like to give it a read.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Priiloader or preloader to boot into HBL is the closest you will get. Although HBL needs some fixes for everything to run smoothly.

As for doing this with the official menu, I heard from someone it's not all that hard but they would only be a dick and give ...Hints:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Slimmmmmm said:
Priiloader or preloader to boot into HBL is the closest you will get. Although HBL needs some fixes for everything to run smoothly.

As for doing this with the official menu, I heard from someone it's not all that hard but they would only be a dick and give ...Hints:
if hbc had options to access disc chan, wii the save menu/channel and allow you to install game chans to it that would pretty much be good enough.

OR

if someone can make a duplicate of the wii main menu except something like hbc that lets you autoboot to it. i doubt it can be done to the wiis menu BUT i reckon it CAn be done in a homebrew app.

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been wanting the same thing DownSince86. I hope someone will be able to make a custom banner at least for boy and his blob. I rarely play it cuz i don't have it on my wii menu.
frown.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
techboy said:

Are you sure this isn't 00000002.app ?

edit :
Or maybe it depend the un/packer tool used ?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Are you sure this isn't 00000002.app ?

edit :
Or maybe it depend the un/packer tool used ?
It's typically 00000001.app. Some of the first unpackers made screwed with the numbers but everything recent (wwPacker, BFGR wad tools, etc.) unpacks them as below.

In your typical homemade channel the files are as follows. Official channels (and probably some advanced hacks like some 0RANGECHiCKEN VC stuff), may not follow this convention.

* 00000000.app is the banner. (this is true even in official stuff - It's a small description file if the title has no banner (e.g. IOSes) )
* 00000001.app is a DOL.
* 00000002.app is the NAND loader.

There may be a trailer as well. The trailer is typically a copy of 00000000.app.

DownSince86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disasterous said:
DownSince86 said:
If anyone is up for attempting it I'd be more than willing to test it.

LMFAO me too

Why is that funny?
tongue.gif
I was just offering some help, AFAIK most people don't have a console with an exploitable boot1 these days

Anyway I ended up giving up on this all together. I just use cfg loader these days with iso forwarders for my VC and Wiiware games. Really wish we could figure out how to display banner animations in homebrew, that would be the shiz nit. ^^

I saw a thread awhile back where someone was trying to load multiple copies of the system menu and using two channels for "forward" and "back", don't know if that ever took off. Probably the best option out there for anyone trying to do this assuming they got anywhere with it.

Also, Uniiloader is pretty good for this as well assuming you can run it. I've only played with it a little but it was nice.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DownSince86 said:
I saw a thread awhile back where someone was trying to load multiple copies of the system menu and using two channels for "forward" and "back", don't know if that ever took off. Probably the best option out there for anyone trying to do this assuming they got anywhere with it.
I saw one where a guy was trying to write a PC program to swap "pages" around like that as well.

I'm pretty sure if there was some simple way to increase the limit people would have done it.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?