Hacking Is it possible to add cheats to DML gamecube?

BoredGuyonGBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to move some stuff around in Animal Crossing population growing. i know there are cheats somehow, but where and how can i get them and add them to DML/CFG? Is there a homebrew app or something?

Link615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go into your USB Loader, go into the settings for the game, choose Ocarina and download the txt file and activate codes. You can do this for all games that are on the geckocodes.org database. But actually, Animal Crossing isn't in the database, so you'll have to find some AR codes, convert them to WiiRD, and make your own .gct file. If you are not using USB Loader GX for your games, ignore this post.

BoredGuyonGBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go into your USB Loader, go into the settings for the game, choose Ocarina and download the txt file and activate codes. You can do this for all games that are on the geckocodes.org database. But actually, Animal Crossing isn't in the database, so you'll have to find some AR codes, convert them to WiiRD, and make your own .gct file. If you are not using USB Loader GX for your games, ignore this post.

Do you know a AR to WIIRD Converted? that java thing doesn't work for me.

I think i know whee i can get codes, thanks

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone has melee codes in .gct format that would enable/unlock everything?
I think this is the only alternative as opposed to buying a 3rd party memory stick and getting a complete save.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Very easy to port AR to WiiRD, even easier when james at Geckocodes even provides a lil proggy that does just that.

Google is your best friend.......

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It's easy to convert them.
DML loaders won't read them. With SSBM at least, Ocarina only finds 4 codes. There's something wrong with it

I already tried this tutorial and none of the DML loaders will read the SSBM v1.1 codes.
I had no trouble getting other games to find cheats using this tut though.

To be honest I only had to use this tut for 2 games because ocarina already had the cheats/unlocks I needed.
SSBM is the exception

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is the only alternative as opposed to buying a 3rd party memory stick and getting a complete save.

Here are the gct-format codes (have not tested them) for different versions (translated from arcentral.net website):

all characters and stages (Datel) game v1.0
04459F58 FFFFFFFF
04459F60 FFFFFFFF

all characters and stages (Datel) game v1.1
0445B240 FFFFFFFF
0445B248 FFFFFFFF

all characters and stages (Datel) game v1.2
0445BF28 FFFFFFFF
0445BF2C FFFFFFFF

Hope they work for you.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use Neogamma, it looks for gamecube games on a nonexistent WBFS partition on my SDHC card. I use CFG USB Loader instead. That tutorial can't help me with a program that refuses to recognize a FAT32 SD card.

How CFG can load DML but not Neogamma is beyond me....FML

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Here are the gct-format codes (have not tested them) for different versions (translated from arcentral.net website):

all characters and stages (Datel) game v1.0
04459F58 FFFFFFFF
04459F60 FFFFFFFF

all characters and stages (Datel) game v1.1
0445B240 FFFFFFFF
0445B248 FFFFFFFF

all characters and stages (Datel) game v1.2
0445BF28 FFFFFFFF
0445BF2C FFFFFFFF

Hope they work for you.

Thanks.
I had the code for v1.1 but not the others.
Regardless, with these codes I did this again
Step 3:
Now you got the ocarina code which we can use! Start the "codemanager.exe", click on "Add a code/comment/category", enter the code name, then add the code from step 2 into the code contents box, click store modifications and check the checkbox of the new code:
This is the easiest step. Make sure you got the latest neogamma, go into the neogamma "Ocarina/Wiird" option, set "GC Hook Type" to "VI", "GC 2nd Hook" to "= 1st hook" and "GC Ocarina" to "Yes". After this you should be able to play the gamecube game with your codes you want to use! If they doesn't work try another hook type.

-Never got it to work on Neogamma. I even threw in the original disk because it would never display the right ID when loading and it still wouldn't read the cheats.
-I threw the codes you gave me in cdmgr and made a .gct file and threw that into sd:/codes, sd:/usb-loader/codes , sd:/wiiflow/codes
-Go into the dml loaders, turn on Ocarina and see if the cheats show up and nothing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong at this point but nothings working.
And none of the other options (gcmm/nugasa/gcs) support official memory cards so yea, second^

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.
I had the code for v1.1 but not the others.
Regardless, with these codes I did this again
Step 3:
Now you got the ocarina code which we can use! Start the "codemanager.exe", click on "Add a code/comment/category", enter the code name, then add the code from step 2 into the code contents box, click store modifications and check the checkbox of the new code:
This is the easiest step. Make sure you got the latest neogamma, go into the neogamma "Ocarina/Wiird" option, set "GC Hook Type" to "VI", "GC 2nd Hook" to "= 1st hook" and "GC Ocarina" to "Yes". After this you should be able to play the gamecube game with your codes you want to use! If they doesn't work try another hook type.

-Never got it to work on Neogamma. I even threw in the original disk because it would never display the right ID when loading and it still wouldn't read the cheats.
-I threw the codes you gave me in cdmgr and made a .gct file and threw that into sd:/codes, sd:/usb-loader/codes , sd:/wiiflow/codes
-Go into the dml loaders, turn on Ocarina and see if the cheats show up and nothing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong at this point but nothings working.
And none of the other options (gcmm/nugasa/gcs) support official memory cards so yea, second^

I just tried that v1.1 codes and it worked fine using sneek+di set-up for dml (compiled with cheat and debugger features on).
And I could use all characters and all stages are open.

I think in real nand environment, dml needs the loaders to set its config variable for the cheat feature to be on, and by default
dml always uses ossleepthread hook, and for this game that hook works ok (so I am not sure why even you need to choose the
hook type).

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting, i'll fiddle around with it some more then.
Thanks again conanac

Alright finally got it to work.
If anyone's interested.

Loader - Neogamma r56
cMIOS - Wiigator
Hooktype: VI
Ocarina: On
Debugger Off
Disk: Original [Loaded off of DVD]

I'd assume this would work with a backup copy as well but it would need to be burned on a DVD
It wasn't until I popped in the DVD that it was able to apply the cheats but they showed up in game so I switched drom the dml 1.4 wad to cmios and once I did, that was it. Took longer to load but that's it.

Thanks again pepxl/fix94/conanac

Dustinblack18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry for bumping so late, but have any of you guys had problems with your AR codes not turning off? I got infinite shield in Melee and now I can't get it to turn off even if I set the ocarina settings to off and default in wiiflow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead