ROM Hack Is it possible that Sun and Moon will be playable before release?

Shining Greninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, GBATemp

2 years ago, oras was close to launch, but few hackers got the games a few weeks in advance, the same with X and Y, and I was wondering, would the same happen with Sun and Moon, as I am very hyped for the games.

Thanks in advance for the responses

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
entirely depends on how early nintendo sends them out and if some dork in a videogame store feels like ruining launch day sales by dumping the game themselves, or give the game out early to a friend doing the same.

it can absolutely happen. and due to the worldwide release character of this generations pokemon games, theres more chances than ever.
however, i'm still hoping its not gonna happen

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who would love to tear this game apart as quickly as possible, I really hope that some random guy gets an early copy and dumps a cia of the game. The best we can really hope for is the game being leaked about 2 weeks early. Any more than that feels statistically impossible.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
How early did Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire show up before the official release date? That would probably be the more realistic thing to look at. There's Pokemon X/Y, but that came out before the hacking scene really took off, so if copies leaked early, they were leaked in their local area and not on the internet.

But today with CFW being all over the place, I can see the game dropping early especially if China's getting it. Since the game is the same for all regions it won't matter where you get it, it will have the same language options. I don't expect it to leak more then 2 or 3 weeks before release though. But I've seen crazier things happen I guess. :P

The earliest you can expect to see it on the internet is probably mid October. But more realistically...Probably first or second week of November.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How early did Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire show up before the official release date? That would probably be the more realistic thing to look at. There's Pokemon X/Y, but that came out before the hacking scene really took off, so if copies leaked early, they were leaked in their local area and not on the internet.

But today with CFW being all over the place, I can see the game dropping early especially if China's getting it. Since the game is the same for all regions it won't matter where you get it, it will have the same language options. I don't expect it to leak more then 2 or 3 weeks before release though. But I've seen crazier things happen I guess. :P

The earliest you can expect to see it on the internet is probably mid October.
I remember a guy streaming it 10-14 days before release.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany

The earliest you can expect to see it on the internet is probably mid October. But more realistically...Probably first or second week of November.
Finished it 2 Weeks with German Language before it got released in Germany. Traded Ditos like drugs. :D

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I believe the dump happened 3 or 4 days before release, I remember I got the game like the day after it was dumped (I have a pretty reliable way of getting games 2-3 days early) so I just played the dump and left the game sealed, which it still is to this day.
I've been somewhat paying attention, and big titles tend to get dumped a few days before release, in rare cases it can be a week or more before release. So most likely 2-4 days before release, it's unlikely to get dumped any earlier than that.
This is because online stores are allowed to ship games so they arrive on release day, and they often arrive a bit earlier than that, but if an employee sells games a week early they can get fired (and if it gets bad enough, Nintendo might stop supplying to that store)
what if.... the game came with a one time only unlock code?
They can't do that, since that would require an internet connection to even play the game.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay