Hacking Is it possible install Wii's Photo Channel?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
If no ones going to ask, then I will. Why in hell would you want to?
Probably to view photos, watch videos, or play music. The Photo Channel did all of that, it just had very limited file type support.

I think it causes freezing issues in data managment
You have to change the title ID as well, which is what v1.1 does.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhh, Photo Channel 1.0 works fine and has no freezing in Data Management and has the ability to play MP3's. 1.1 can only play AAC, which most people do not have their music in that format.

and you can install it right from DOP-Mii Mod via setting it to use IOS237.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it installed once but i uninstalled it because it would not give me sd card support.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing about the channel that baffled me is how it supported AAC and not MP3, but I guess AAC is better. Didn't know it played movie files though :P

AAC is better
(excerpt from Wikipedia's acticle on AAC)

Improvements include:
  • More sample frequencies (from 8 to 96 kHz) than MP3 (16 to 48 kHz)
  • Up to 48 channels (MP3 supports up to two channels in MPEG-1 mode and up to 5.1 channels in MPEG-2 mode)
  • Arbitrary bit-rates and variable frame length. Standardized constant bit rate with bit reservoir.
  • Higher efficiency and simpler filter bank (rather than MP3's hybrid coding, AAC uses a pure MDCT)
  • Higher coding efficiency for stationary signals (AAC uses a blocksize of 1024 or 960 samples, allowing more efficient coding than MP3's 576 sample blocks)
  • Higher coding accuracy for transient signals (AAC uses a blocksize of 128 or 120 samples, allowing more accurate coding than MP3's 192 sample blocks)
  • Can use Kaiser-Bessel derived window function to eliminate spectral leakage at the expense of widening the main lobe
  • Much better handling of audio frequencies above 16 kHz
  • More flexible joint stereo (different methods can be used in different frequency ranges)
  • Adds additional modules (tools) to increase compression efficiency: TNS, Backwards Prediction, PNS etc... These modules can be combined to constitute different encoding profiles.
But I prefer Photo Channel 1.0 as it can Play MP3 and is actually useful to me as I rip my CD's in 320kbps MP3 and it would make no sense for me to have 2 of a song on the SD Card so I can listen to it via the MP3 playing feature Excite Truck has and using the Photo Channel, as 1.0 can play MP3s, whereas Excite Truck will never playback AAC.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night