Hardware Is it possible for the 2DS to me made stereo?

Awesomekid956000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I am getting at is a the original 2DS is the exact same as the 3DS,but without 3 main key features,no 3D funtionality (why its called a 2DS),a Clamp-Shell design like ALL the other ds's(dsi thats already a console name lol),and the one almost everyone I ask about the 2DS the mono speaker.Now what i prepose is since all it is underneath is just a 3DS with a few handicaps (sorry cant thing of a better word at the time :( ) is there still like a chance that there is a second speaker port or whatever for the 2ds that isnt being used due to not being there to "save" money and if it could be possible,would it be all that hard to do? Any help is appreciated ;)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, the 2DS is a very peculiar 3DS, isn't 3D and isn't a Ds XD
anyway I think the easier way is using phones or some outside speakers ...

Awesomekid956000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i know i could just use headphones or ear buds ok im just wondering here seeing as i dont know if anyone else talks about this maybe its just nobody questioned this because more people might have 3ds's since the original and xl's have been around since 2011 and 2012 respectivly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

knew i should have put that in the first message lol

Awesomekid956000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so its possible to hardmod is what im asking thx "BARNWEY" ill check if i could maybe do that is there anything i cound need to do this besides the obvoius,a secong speaker for the 2ds,a person with experience in hard modding and not making his/her very deeply homebrewed 2ds from becoming scrap metal (which i clearly dont have any experience) and the power of money. just saying :/

:\

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
so its possible to hardmod is what im asking thx "BARNWEY" ill check if i could maybe do that is there anything i cound need to do this besides the obvoius,a secong speaker for the 2ds,a person with experience in hard modding and not making his/her very deeply homebrewed 2ds from becoming scrap metal (which i clearly dont have any experience) and the power of money. just saying :/

:\
It would be a very difficult hardmod and you'd just likely end up ruining the system. Nobody has even attempted this publicly so you'd be going into uncharted territory (no handy tutorials or guides). Just settle for headphones or forget about it.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think it's possible but i'm not much sure how the 2DS is inside, but in general, there are a ribbon cable on the 3DS that connect the speakers to the board, and stuff for the 3D screen, the 2DS have all this part changed ( no 3D screen and one speaker, that have to get both R an L sound ) , so I think it's hard to have a spot to get the sound separately ... I could be wrong btw
Maybe modding coming form the plug?
But well you told that don't have knowledge so it's not advised to try something unless you understand at least the basics :x

Last edited by Sliter,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good to know im just asking i was never gonna attempt this anyway i can go buy ear buds or just buy an original 3DS
I think you're making the right choice, it would've been very risky trying to hardmod a second speaker onto the system. Not to mention, the original 3DS does have it's perks...

Awesomekid956000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup your right but i have an original 3DS actually but before i thought about fixing it i had my 2ds for my birthday,and i actually thought about getting the charging port replaced by a professional at soldering could anyoe lead me in the way of a 3ds fixer, or repairmen of the sort i wanna give this 3ds to my friends little sister because they only had the money of getting my friend a 3ds,a new 3ds at that and i dont want the 3ds since my 2ds is modded crazy

Also I know about the New 2DS but the soeakers on that are worst from what i hear something bout not being on the top screen and now being a little whole that can be covered by your whole thumb srsly ive heard bout this idk whats goin on hear but at this point if im buying a "New" DS of any type its gonna be a new 3ds since i mean come on guys its starting to drop like nuts preowned new 3ds's are bout the same as the new "New" 2ds prices now

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
installing 2nd speaker on 2DS is a child's play, if you know what you're doing and can read motherboard schematics (the sound components are even marked exactly the same on the board between all 3DS, 2DS and 3DS XL models). Also, if you need any of your systems fixed, you can find me here: https://goo.gl/3qX7ex or send PM

Reactions: Jayro

Awesomekid956000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh its not that its im dirt cheap im sorry i know im being greedy bout this whole everything is too expensive stuff if you click my sonic picture and look at th info you'll see im only 13 and i know this maybe a joke to you but nobody in my neiborhood,(about 2 houses) if I do get a job i can only get like 5,10 dollars at most and if i just want more work they wont give me much money my on;y option is doing what a 5 year old does and make cheap great value lemonade for 25 cents a pop lol :D

the only reason i ask to get the part is to see if i can get any sorta discount but since this is ebay i have to pay the price before shipping but i could do lots of work for my parents how much would you say if you could do a second WORKING speaker on my 2ds and a fixed charger port on my 3ds there seperate consoles but if i could give you the money how much as i dont see no deal on your eba account

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...