Is it possible for mods to change user names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Facebook connect when registering for this site, because that is usually the easiest way to log onto sites. But I didn't get a chance to choose my username, I think.. I don't actually remember, but I would never intentionally use my real name as a screen name, so that must be the case.

It wasn't a problem at the beginning, since I was mostly a lurker, but now that I'm actually starting to post... would it be possible for me to have it changed? That newcomer title is like a slap in the face, and I don't want to start all over. That'll make me have it even longer.

By the way, I tried search, but like for some (or all) people, it's broken, so I couldn't see if this has been asked before.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you use search on google "gbatemp.net username change" you'll see some results.

You can speak to a supervisor can see if they'll do it. I think in your case they might, bc having your real name on a forum isn't wise

Gorilla

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contact (PM) p1ngpong, he's a supervisor that's on these forums daily. I'm not 100% sure he'll change it for you, but he'll be the fastest one to reply.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you use search on google "gbatemp.net username change" you'll see some results.

You can speak to a supervisor can see if they'll do it. I think in your case they might, bc having your real name on a forum isn't wise

Gorilla
I couldn't really care less, from a privacy aspect. But I hate my name. I wish I was named Steve...
Contact (PM) p1ngpong, he's a supervisor that's on these forums daily. I'm not 100% sure he'll change it for you, but he'll be the fastest one to reply.
You can PM mods/supervisors here? That's usually unheard of. At least in the sites I've been to.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can PM mods/supervisors here? That's usually unheard of. At least in the sites I've been to.

You go to some strange sites, or sites that truly view regular members as nothing more than trash. Mods/Supervisors are just elevated regular members, they still have a PM function. Just find any post by p1ngpong, click his profile name in his post, a mini window pops up in the middle of the screen. There is a "Send PM" button there. On the forums I'm a mod of (not this site), I even have something about PM'ing me in my signatures.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You go to some strange sites, or sites that truly view regular members as nothing more than trash. Mods/Supervisors are just elevated regular members, they still have a PM function. Just find any post by p1ngpong, click his profile name in his post, a mini window pops up in the middle of the screen. There is a "Send PM" button there.
The mods I'm used to tend to be annoyed by random people like me asking/requesting stuff, so I think that's why.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mods I'm used to tend to be annoyed by random people like me asking/requesting stuff, so I think that's why.
Ah, that's pretty common actually. Most of the mods/admins/supervisors/etc on this site are gamers just like the rest of us though, and therefore most of them are nice.

Also, I edited that post after you quoted it, apparently.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's pretty common actually. Most of the mods/admins/supervisors/etc on this site are gamers just like the rest of us though, and therefore most of them are nice.

Also, I edited that post after you quoted it, apparently.
I'm probably thinking of mods of official forums for games, where it's their job to be a mod. Those guys don't allow PMs.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably thinking of mods of official forums for games, where it's their job to be a mod. Those guys don't allow PMs.
Yea, those are almost always best to avoid. When a new game comes out, I always avoid their main forums and find a fan-forum website that is very large. That way, you'll know that the admins/mods are admins/mods because they like the game as well, and therefore almost always are nice to fellow same-game players.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better yet: http://gbatemp.net/staff/

Message anyone under the "Supervisor" heading. They and Administrators can change names, but the Administrators prefer to not be troubled with that sort of thing, and we as well prefer to not trouble them with it because... well, they're kind of the guys who keep this site up and running as it is. Nobody lower than the Supervisor rank has that power (meaning Global Moderator and below).

Vulpes Abnocto and Toni Plutonij don't tend to come on very often, mthrnite every once in a while. The quickest responses are gonna be from tj_cool, raul pica, and p1ngpong most likely. I'd give one of them a PM (you can do it from that page - just click their name and click "Send PM"). p1ng seems to be on the most lately, out of those 3, but be prepared that he might laugh at you or call you names :P he does that sometimes.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better yet: http://gbatemp.net/staff/

Message anyone under the "Supervisor" heading. They and Administrators can change names, but the Administrators prefer to not be troubled with that sort of thing, and we as well prefer to not trouble them with it because... well, they're kind of the guys who keep this site up and running as it is.

Vulpes Abnocto and Toni Plutonij don't tend to come on very often, mthrnite every once in a while. The quickest responses are gonna be from tj_cool, raul pica, and p1ngpong most likely. I'd give one of them a PM (you can do it from that page - just click their name and click "Send PM". p1ng seems to be on the most lately, out of those 3, but be prepared that he might laugh at you or call you names :P he does that sometimes.
I already started a conversation with p1ngpong. And I don't mind the laughing or the calling of names. I'm used to it~

Reactions: Sicklyboy

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol that's why you want to change your screen name? btw Steve is better than Joel? it's about the same in my book. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool