Roman_42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi All,

after reading the DS release schedule...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/releases/region-1

I feel like it's time to sell my good old DS. Am I or is gamefaqs missing something or is it really over? Is there at least one good game in the works for DS?

Roman_42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@SoulX:
I already have a 3DS. :)
DS games look very ugly on a 3DS. They get scaled in a bad way.

@Emigre:
Hmmm... they've released Devil Survivor on the 3DS. I'm sure they'll do the same thing with part 2.

Roman_42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why sell it? You probably wouldn't get much money for it and like you said, DS games look bad on the 3DS. Do you not plan on ever replaying a DS game?
Oh of course. But not in this century... ;)
I'll replay some of them in 20 years on an emulator and have fond memories of my 30ies.... :)

Roman_42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't sell it.
As you said, it will be quite nostalgiac in 30 years.
Just imagine talking with your grandchildren showing them such old technology.

or you could sell it in 30 years after WW3 when they will become really rare
Yeah, but I have a real GameBoy. That's enough retro junk. ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has a habit of putting out better versions of their same handheld once the handheld has been around for a while. Personally I'd wait for the improved 3DS--there's bound to be one.

Roman_42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Rydian:
Great thanks.

@Jiro2:
Yes you're right, but I already have a day one 3DS. :)

@Sick Wario:
DS was a bad emu system IMHO because of it's extremely low resolution. And DL play is useless for me. My girlfriend refuses to play games and my playing friends have their own DSes with flashcarts.

Hummdat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a new 3DS in the works already. That right thumbstick peripheral that they are adding to the current 3DS is supposed to be integrated into the new 3DS model whenever they decide to do it.

warmo161

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a new 3DS in the works already. That right thumbstick peripheral that they are adding to the current 3DS is supposed to be integrated into the new 3DS model whenever they decide to do it.

This is very understandable but it will be a while when this comes out

For a start, nintendo needs to finish the WII-U and make the 3DS in tons of colours first!

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 'new' model 3DS which is pure speculation anyway doesn't matter because as he's stated he already has one.

If you really never see yourself using it, sell it. However the little space it takes up, the $30 or so you'll get from it isn't worth it, you're better off holding onto it, could even make a good birthday or christmas present for a kid you know, better use for it than $30 which is practically giving it away to Gamestop to make $100~ profit off of it whereas you could just give a kid the enjoyment of it, for a loss to you of $30 but for what to them will be worth much more.

Retro consoles are also always nice to just hold onto for a few years after they're replaced by the new better model.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: