Hardware Is it okay to transfer content from an o3DS to n3DS if Themehax is installed?

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a New 3DS (Non-XL) that came with a download code for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and I was wondering if I can transfer my games from my regular 3DS if Themehax is installed. Will I brick either 3DS if I do? Do I need to uninstall Themehax before doing so?

BTW, I have the one where you boot into the Homebrew Menu by holding the L button before turning on the 3DS.

Last edited by 03bgood,

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did it. if your going to do it when you turn on your new 3ds remove your sd card or the homemenu wont boot. you can place it in after the home menu shows up.
What do you mean, I want to transfer files but not have to re-download all 280+ of my games and lose my save data but transfer my SD card content to PC and then to MicroSD after the n3DS formats the MicroSD card. So after the transfer completes, don't put the MicroSD card in yet, wait until the home menu shows up, right? After I transfer my games, I'm going to use my download codes to get Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden 2.

I'm also planning to use SNES and GBA emulators on my n3DS once they're full speed because they run very slow on the o3DS. I'm going to have to update to 10.2 because there's no way to bypass the firmware update if you use the eShop but can homebrew still be used on 10.2 or not. I heard Nintendo patched Themehax in 10.2.

Last edited by 03bgood,

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax works still, and afaik smashax works as well.
Too bad I can't use Themehax anymore on n3DS but do I need to disable Themehax on my o3DS before transferring my games to the n3DS? I hope not because I'm very far on Pokemon Crystal as I'm about to face The Elite Four. I've been playing it on GameYob.

Last edited by 03bgood,

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update to do the system transfer it will just break themehax anyway. As it is you may as well just remove the files so they aren't taking up space.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update to do the system transfer it will just break themehax anyway. As it is you may as well just remove the files so they aren't taking up space.
So this is safe? Themehax will only be removed on the n3DS?

Do I have to update my o3DS to 10.2? It's already on 10.1 because I had to update from 9.9 in order to get 3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

Last edited by 03bgood,
D

Deleted-236924

If you want to do system transfer, it'll make you update /both/ 3DSes.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to do system transfer, it'll make you update /both/ 3DSes.
Well this is going to suck because I'll lose Themehax. I'll miss booting into Themehax by using the L button upon booting up the the 3DS but I can still use homebrew on 10.2 via Ninjhax, right? I don't want to lose GameYob since I've been playing Pokemon Crystal, like I said. Sure I could play HeartGold and SoulSilver but I like playing the original versions, too. I'm not too happy that HG/SS removed the slot machines because Europe needed to get the game around the same time as North America back in 2010. In EU, the PEGI ratings have strict rules against gambling in video games. So if the slots had been kept in, it would've gotten a PEGI 12 rating hence why NA lost the slots in order for them to not delay it in EU. I mean in EU, they had the slots removed in Platinum and that was released a year after it's NA release, which kept the slots in along with Diamond and Pearl but I'm getting off topic here. So I won't lose my homebrew, GameYob, or Pokemon Crystal .SAV file?

Last edited by 03bgood,

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, homebrew works fine on 10.2 via ninjhax . Also if you have any virtual console games you can do injections with hans. Only gb/c and nes injections, but still.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, homebrew works fine on 10.2 via ninjhax . Also if you have any virtual console games you can do injections with hans. Only gb/c and nes injections, but still.
So I can do VC injections on 10.2? I thought that was only 9.2 or lower?

Are the Pokemon games glitch free? I tried them with the .CIA versions on 7.1 and they had glitches (Pikachu's cry is mute in Yellow and the Pokemon sprites twitch when you encounter them in battle in G/S/C and R/B are only displayed in Black and White/Green instead of Red/Blue)

Last edited by 03bgood,

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was before HANS. You can dump the VC games with braindump, and use HANS to load the patch that tells the VC to load a different game. There's a thread all about it right here http://gbatemp.net/posts/5773910/. You'll have to go back to the first page for instructions because I was lazy enough to just grab that link from my alerts. Also it bears mentioning that injecting something into a nes VC game will give you a multirom menu whereas with gb/c you have to replace the rom completely. However even with multiple roms I understand you can only have one save file(I might have read wrong, but somebody mentioned this iirc)

Last edited by zac122,

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was before HANS. You can dump the VC games with braindump, and use HANS to load the patch that tells the VC to load a different game. There's a thread all about it right here http://gbatemp.net/posts/5773910/. You'll have to go back to the first page for instructions because I was lazy enough to just grab that link from my alerts. Also it bears mentioning that injecting something into a nes VC game will give you a multirom menu whereas with gb/c you have to replace the rom completely. However even with multiple roms I understand you can only have one save file(I might have read wrong, but somebody mentioned this iirc)
That sounds very cool since I was very disappointed with the .CIA files and the fact that Nintendo hasn't updated the 3DS Virtual Console since later February but I still need to transfer my files. I'm at my parents house and on my mother's laptop and I need to hurry up. So do I do the following:

1) Transfer games after firmware update

2) Wait for the games and content to transfer

3) Transfer files from old SD to PC and then MicroSD card (After n3DS formats card)

4) Turn on n3DS but don't put MicroSD card until Home Menu shows up

5 Put card into n3DS once Home Menu shows up and enjoy

Last edited by 03bgood,

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to install whatever *hax you plan to use(if you go with ninjhax it's as easy as clearing your save data on cubic ninja and scanning the qr code on the ninjhax website). Also keep in mind the system transfer can take a very long time (from o3ds to n3ds took a good 5 hours in my case). Edit: if you want HANS you'll also need to download smea's latest homebrew starter kit.

Last edited by zac122,

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to install whatever *hax you plan to use(if you go with ninjhax it's as easy as clearing your save data on cubic ninja and scanning the qr code on the ninjhax website). Also keep in mind the system transfer can take a very long time (from o3ds to n3ds took a good 5 hours in my case).
So since it's mandatory to update firmware to 10.2, there's no worrying about Themehax corrupting my n3DS after the system transfer, right? So I have to wait 4-5 hours before the system transfer is complete? So I won't have it done until 12M-1AM from where I live? Right now, it's 8PM.

Last edited by 03bgood,

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shouldn't be any problem. I wouldn't take my word for it though if I were you since I know very little about the system transfer deals with unrecognized files. a smart move would be to wait for someone who knows a bit more than I do to answer, but I don't know of anything that would cause a problem.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shouldn't be any problem. I wouldn't take my word for it though if I were you since I know very little about the system transfer deals with unrecognized files. a smart move would be to wait for someone who knows a bit more than I do to answer, but I don't know of anything that would cause a problem.
I'm transferring the files (Games and Content) to my mother's laptop right now, it's going to take like 12-15 minutes since it's a good 14GB of files.

Update: They just transferred. I'm going to wait until the transfer is complete (hoping nothing goes wrong) and I format the card on my n3DS first before transferring files to n3DS after the system transfer is complete and everything goes right.

Has anyone ever transferred eShop content to another 3DS (o3DS or n3DS) with Themehax installed and updated to firmware to 10.2?

I just uninstalled Themehax by switching themes, so am I ok?

Last edited by 03bgood,

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also need to update to 10.2 on both 3DS systems in order to transfer content. Will I get an error screen even with Themehax uninstalled and if any homebrew files are still present like the boot.3dsx file? I still have the Homebrew files on my SD card. Should I remove those or will that not effect the system transfer?

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.