Is it Okay to keep the original DS on the charger?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Klldarkness, May 1, 2011.

1. Klldarkness
    OP

Klldarkness Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    I just bought a Nintendo DS(Original), and had a question or two:

1. Is it okay to leave it on the charger while playing it? Since i'll be mostly playing it at home, is that okay? Will it mess with the battery in any way?

2. I've heard that if you replace the battery on a DS, it removes the firmware, and can stop it from getting onto WIFI and other such things. since the only reason i am getting an actual DS, instead of just using an emulator, is to be able to fully use WIFI, and multiplayer, is it possible to load the firmware back onto the DS? Is it possible to replace the battery, and not lose the Firmware? [​IMG]

3. I'm getting a Supercard DSTWO this week, and i was wondering what games you would suggest i load onto it. Any Homebrew i should download? and where would i get them?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure

3. The Pi

The Pi Lurker

Mar 18, 2010
    Scotland
    I've played my GBA SP, DS phat and DSi while in the charger with no issues a bit like using a laptop on the mains really.

About the other questions, Catboy has them covered.

4. Porobu

Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Sep 12, 2009

5. Klldarkness
    OP

Klldarkness Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    Ah. Thank you guys. you have been extremely helpful. You have allayed my fears, and made me much more confident in my purchase. Again, i thank you. [​IMG]