Is it ok to format my system memory on my 3ds with gateway installed?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by paulyd, May 3, 2014.

1. paulyd
    OP

paulyd Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2009
    I bought a 3ds from my local cash convertors & it was on 4.1 so I got myself a gateway card & it is all working great, I have noticed that there is already a profile stored on the 3ds which I want to get rid of so i can create my own.

I have read that to delete a profile i need to format the system menu, is that correct or is there another way? & if I do format it will I just have to install gateway again?

Thanks in advance

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i don't own a gateway or 4.x console but what i had read on this forums is, you can format the system, then you just need to install gateway again in the sd card

but its not a big deal i think, is just move a file to the sd card and confire it on ds profile

(notice, all this info can be not accurate, it is based on the information i had read on gbatemp)

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah you can, but if there is any pre-installed eshop games etc they will be deleted too

but afaik you can edit everything about the profile(name D.O.B etc) on the console itself anyway

4. paulyd
    OP

paulyd Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2009
    thats fine if the eshop stuff on there is deleted, I just want to get rid of the profile most importantly, I just didn't want to get prompted to update the 3ds or anything