is it OK for to bring in Airport

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by xvietthug`, Aug 7, 2008.

Aug 7, 2008
  1. xvietthug`
    OP

Newcomer xvietthug` Member

Canada
    is it ok i heard that some airports they check and confiscate your memory cards??? im afraid that if i bring this in and find all the games there they will charge me for roms .

2. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Don't take a chance. My advice.

3. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    put the flashcart in your shoe/ sock.

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Why would an airport confiscate a memory card?

Do they think that it could be used to magically hack into the planes flight path and re-route it?

I very much doubt they would take your DS, take the flashcart out of it and then take the MicroSD out (and then put it into a computer to find out it's contents). Just keep it in a bag or something if you're worried.

5. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Wow, so not true. They don't have time to check little things such as memory cards. Their only job is to check for metal object such as guns and knives and etc.

Trust me. I went on vacation which involved flying. And I was asking question to people like, "Do the security check your flashcart for illegal things?" Many many people said no. Which was true because on our way coming home. My family had to get physically searched since we switched planes so they thought we were suspicious. And I have this little backpack I had ALL my ds stuff in and flashcarts and iPod etc. And the guy went through it with no problem at all. I'm sure as heck he did see my EDGE, but didn't do anything about it. So don't worry. They don't check those little things such as those.

6. NightKry

Member NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've done it many times through the Taiwan airport and Canada airport. Nothing's happened so far =P.

Something i DON'T get it, they never tell you take off your jewellery. Hmm....? Only belts....?

btw, i'm an idiot. please don't flame me.

7. Flawsdraw

Member Flawsdraw GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    No one read the news then? ALL memory cards/ Laptops and PDA devices will be taken for inspection if flying in or out of america due to security measures further tightening.. but my suggestion is Memory card in flashcart/ falshcart in DS/ DS in backpack and u'll be fine

8. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Because terrorists can hack planes with PDAs and Memory Cards.

9. WB3000

Member WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No.

Who even knows anything about what a ROM is, besides those who keep up with what's going on online. Especially if you zip them all into a single archive, and then use that DS zip extraction homebrew app to return everything to normal once your done.

10. xvietthug`
    OP

Canada

good thing i'm not living in america and not going nowhere near that shithole of a country. i live in canada and going to asia for the olympics.

11. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Their measure is one of the dumbest things possible in light of the existance of P2P technology and large online storage. But the worst thing about it is invasion of privacy. I'll be sure to copy Goatse after Goatse on mine, and see who lasts longer, my memory or their brains. I'm also copystoring my data in the comp as a disguised ZIP system file because I'm not trusting those idiots not to corrupt my data. Airport queues were already long enough, now this.

12. Draxi

Newcomer Draxi Member

Norway
    why they check memory card they have other stuff to check like bomb and guns!

and if they take you memory card... what... they gonna do with it?... (OK maybe they trow it inside the big room with crap stuff...)

I have buy 3.... R4 from Vietnam and they don't check the bag xP on the airport (same on the Wii with mod chip lol..)

13. xvietthug`
    OP

Canada
    i don't recall they selling ds or ds accessories in vietnam. i went there a few times and not once have i seen it. where did you get the r4??

14. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    What about non-US residents travelling IN the US?

15. Draxi

Newcomer Draxi Member

Norway
    uhmm... i don't remember the place but is was a store in Saigon ...(damn my Vietnam spelling sux sorry)

the store selling all from pirate game on xbox 360, Wii , PS3 , GBA and ps2 + Flashcart to Ds.... 0.o... (i buy so much game there so they sell some game free to me haha..)

If i find the game card with the address i maybe say it to you....

(uhmm i think i know the name know: Nam Phung or something...

16. xvietthug`
    OP

Canada
    it is ok you can speak to me in viet. what street is it in? i am going there to vietnam after the olympics to visit my family in saigon.

17. Draxi

Newcomer Draxi Member

Norway
    sorry my vietnam suxing ass!.... maybe i send you a pm with the address when i find the card with the address again

18. Aerundel

Newcomer Aerundel Advanced Member

United States
    False. The new rules are that laptops and such may be taken from you and searched for an extended period of time, NOT that all such devices will be inspected. Don't spread lies, please.

19. xvietthug`
    OP

Canada

you are false my young american enemy look at this news and know that you are wrong!!!

http://technology.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/US+...c&date=True

20. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Funny, the story you cited seems to back up what Aerundel said. Did you actually read it?

-Bri