Hacking Is it not possible to dump the rom, yet?

Woodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
I`m newbie.
I purchased gateway 3ds, but only 2 title was released(korea).
so I wan to dump my own cards, is it not possible to do it?
or how can I contact the release group?
I will send my all cards to them. :-)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The software/hardware used to dump games are very had to come by and I think only one or two scene groups has it. I think Venom is one of them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The hardware is only considered "hard to come by" because you have to make it yourself. At the end of the day a flash chip's a flash chip and if you've made a dumper before, you're very likely to figure this one out too. They're not commercially-available because with scene groups around, there's very little call for commercially-sold dumpers unless they're specifically for save files.

Reactions: Rydian

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So really, there are no legal ways to dump 3DS games, at least publicly.

Seeing that people appear to be coding 3DS homebrew already I'm sure a software-based ROM dumper will surface sooner rather than later, at least as soon as there's some kind of filesystem support available.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing that people appear to be coding 3DS homebrew already I'm sure a software-based ROM dumper will surface sooner rather than later, at least as soon as there's some kind of filesystem support available.

I really hope the 3DS homebrew scene does take off, and that 3DS games can be dumped in such a manner.

Pokemon7890

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have any digital copies you might be able to move them on to an SD card and put it into a computer?
I don't know because I don't have a 3DS yet.
There is some info posted on this thread but the 2nd page is full of bull- http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-dump-3ds-games.332789/
I think there is an emulator and graphics card you need that the thread has some info on.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That dumper looks really, really simple by the way. Weird no one in any of the "scene groups" ever released any schematics and software for it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment