is it normal for homebrew apps to freeze up my wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by naomeii9, Jul 2, 2010.

1. naomeii9
    OP

Newcomer naomeii9 Newbie

United States
    Hello i am somewhat new to the wii and i have just installed the homebrew channel. wii firmware is 4.2.

I've noticed that some of the apps tend to cause random freeze ups on my wii, some of the apps are super mario war, and wii media center are the 2 big ones.

However after installing cios 38 rev 19 (prior to that i had incorrectly installed it) my family members have been telling me that retail games are freezing up when played.

My question is...are these random freeze ups normal? would installing 4.3 totally make my wii virgin (so i could have a fresh start and reinstall the cios that was incorrectly installed) yes i know 4.3 is not fully ready for the homebrew channel or any wii hacks atm.

Thanks again to all, please let me know!

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Well i've had homebrew apps freeze when trying to load them on occasion, but i've never had retail games freeze because of my Wii being modded.

3. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Yeah, thats normal.

4. myuuji

Newcomer myuuji Advanced Member

Germany
    exactly what my wii does!

wii media center doesn't work for me as well.. it freezes everytime after the start.