Hacking Is it normal for a wiiu to shut down by itself ?

Ghassen-ga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was playing Mario kart (via loadiine) this morning , when the Wiiu just turned off by itself , its not in a closed box , I made sure it's in a state when it cannot overheat , should i be worried ? i mean i literally bought it a week go , no warranthy :rofl2:
maybe i shouldn't be asking here , but i figured maybe it was shutoff because i was runing a homebrew ? dunno.

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

Ghassen-ga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you be more specific? Did the system just turn off as you playing it or by it self cause of auto shutoff?
Was there a red light flashing the power led?

I was being specific tho , it shut off while i was playing it , i don't think the red light was flashing .. I suppose maybe because i'm using a step down transformer ?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was being specific tho , it shut off while i was playing it , i don't think the red light was flashing .. I suppose maybe because i'm using a step down transformer ?
I am not sure, but if the system turned off during play, I had a similar problem with the led blinking. Think the system overheated. (INSERT XBOX RED RING OF DEATH JOKE HERE) So maybe the vents on the system is dusty. Try cleaning it. I did and it worked again. :)

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would blame your transformer before the Wii U. It's just more likely that there's some issue with your transformer, causing it to cut off intermittently.

Reactions: Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not sure, but if the system turned off during play, I had a similar problem with the led blinking. Think the system overheated. (INSERT XBOX RED RING OF DEATH JOKE HERE) So maybe the vents on the system is dusty. Try cleaning it. I did and it worked again. :)
don't you insert that "XBOX RED RING OF DEATH joke" ; that's so scary :c

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would blame your transformer before the Wii U. It's just more likely that there's some issue with your transformer, causing it to cut off intermittently.

I hope that's the cause :c

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't you insert that "XBOX RED RING OF DEATH joke" ; that's so scary :c
I'm just being honest. Most systems that over heat now and days, auto shut down to prevent cricital damage to system. You wanna spend $250 on a second wii U With all your saves and dlc lost cause you can't redownload for free i don't think. :(

Reactions: Ghassen-ga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet