Hacking Is it NECESSARY to upgrade from 1.1.0-1U ?

dm2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello.
Yesterday I bought a 3DS with firmware 1.1.0-1U. I have not yet bought a flashcard, but I'm going to buy one (probably the R4i Gold by R4ids.cn team). I have also got a DS, so I have no problems to upgrade the flashcard kernel.
I would like to know:
1) Is it necessary to update the 3DS firmware or it is better to avoid any upgrade ?
2) Is it possible to make the upgrade "offline", without connecting to Nintendo (for example. downloading the firmware from somewhere and loading it by a software) ?
3) Have I to upgrade to 4.4.0-10U or can I choice a previous version, like the 4.0.0-7U ?
4) Is it possible to block future automatic upgrade from the Nintendo ?
5) At the present, automatic upgrades require the internet connection or it can be operated also by original Nintendo games ?

Many thanks to everyone

dm

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello.
Tomorrow I bought a 3DS with firmware 1.1.0-1U. I have not yet bought a flashcard, but I'm going to buy one (probably the R4i Gold by R4ids.cn team). I have also got a DS, so I have no problems to upgrade the flashcard kernel.
I would like to know:
1) Is it necessary to update the 3DS firmware or it is better to avoid any upgrade ?
It's not necessary but you should do that because you'll get new features.
2) Is it possible to make the upgrade "offline", without connecting to Nintendo (for example. downloading the firmware from somewhere and loading it by a software) ?
Some games have the upgrade at the chip.
3) Have I to upgrade to 4.4.0-10U or can I choice a previous version, like the 4.0.0-7U ?
If you upgrade with a gamecard, it'll be a previous version. Else it will be the latest version.
4) Is it possible to block future automatic upgrade from the Nintendo ?
You can turn off your wifi and you have to confirm that you want to upgrade but it'll ask you often to upgrade (after the 3DS has downloaded the upgrade).
5) At the present, automatic upgrades require the internet connection or it can be operated also by original Nintendo games ?
I think that some Nintendo games have upgrades on the chip but not every game.
Many thanks to everyone

dm
I suggest you to upgrade because you have a old DS to upgrade your R4i card and you can get new features with the upgrade.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. In order to use the eShop, yes, you will have to update to whichever firmware is the latest (right now, 4.4.0-10). If you don't care about the eShop, you are not required to update through your internet connection. However, retail 3DS game cartridges typically include a mandatory offline update to whichever firmware was the most current at the time of release. For example, if you insert a 3DS game and it wants you to update to 4.0.0-7 before it will let you play the game, you have to update if you want to play.

2. It's possible to do an offline update only with retail game cartridges that want you to update before you can play.

3. If you update through the internet, you can only update to the latest firmware (right now, 4.4.0-10). If you update offline using a game cartridge, you have to update to whichever firmware version the game cartridge contains (which could be just about anything depending on how new the game is).

4. It's easy to block online updates from Nintendo: just don't do it. However, if you want to play a game that wants you to update before you can play it, no, there's no way to block the update right now.

5. You can update your 3DS both through the internet and with game cartridges.

Fortunately, the R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) receives regular patches to work with the latest 3DS updates, and the R4i Gold 3DS currently works with 4.4.0-10.

Reactions: ground

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest getting the SupercardDStwo as they usually upgrade there flash cards to work with the latest firmware.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest getting the SupercardDStwo as they usually upgrade there flash cards to work with the latest firmware.
Both the Supercard DSTWO and the R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) receive regular updates, so it doesn't matter which one you get; they are the two best options.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Check the revision of the card!
Cause 6 7 and 8 don't work on the latest firmware, the revision 9 A B and C works.
You can get the revision C on ZhuZhuChina.com

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the revision of the card!
Cause 6 7 and 8 don't work on the latest firmware, the revision 9 A B and C works.
You can get the revision C on ZhuZhuChina.com

I am trying to figure out how you check the revision of the card.

I see something about a PCB number, where do I find that?

Can you tell by the icon? I thought this changed based on what Wood you had. Mine right now is Prince Caspian, but it used to be something else when I first got it...Kirby demo or bass fishing (I have DStwo as well so I might be mixed up). I had to update it once because it wasn't working on DSiXL and only older DS and the icon changed. It was just some sort of patch that I ran on my DSlite...I didn't actually change the Wood version. I got a 3DSXL recently that's supposed to be for Christmas but I opened it up to check it out and it has 4.2.0-9u on it and the card works but I see that I am going to be forced to update it to access eshop and play new games and such.

This R4 stuff is very confusing... my card is R4i Gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn) as far as I can tell...I ordered it from digitopz. I can't find any info on revision numbers.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I am trying to figure out how you check the revision of the card.

I see something about a PCB number, where do I find that?

Can you tell by the icon? I thought this changed based on what Wood you had. Mine right now is Prince Caspian, but it used to be something else when I first got it...Kirby demo or bass fishing (I have DStwo as well so I might be mixed up). I had to update it once because it wasn't working on DSiXL and only older DS and the icon changed. I got a 3DSXL recently that's supposed to be for Christmas but I opened it up to check it out and it has 4.2.0-9u on it and the card works but I see that I am going to be forced to update it to access eshop and play new games and such.

This R4 stuff is very confusing... my card is R4i Gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn) as far as I can tell...I ordered it from digitopz. I can't find any info on revision numbers

Revision of the card?
Turn the card around and in the right down corner ur gonna see a number or letter.

Lk2Ef.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg