Is it NDS touch screen problem or...?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Fatenekki, Jun 8, 2007.

Jun 8, 2007
  1. Fatenekki
    OP

Newcomer Fatenekki Member

Macau
    Hello! My DS Lite is acting strangely... When I was playing games, it kept touching the same place, I couldn't play at all. When I bought the DS Lite, the touch screen couldn't detect my stylus at all, but after they changed the screen protector it works fine. Is it my DS Lite touch screen problem or screen protector?

2. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    I was told by Nintendo customer service that change in temperature, humidity, and type of screen protector can affect the touch screen. The protector can 'buckle' and actually push onto the screen itself when you touch another area of the screen due to warping, or something else. Anyway, I got rid of the screen protector and all was fixed.

If you are willing to buy some authentic hori screen protectors and at the same time test the DS without the screen protector, you would get a lot of info about its current state.

3. Fatenekki
    OP

Macau
    I guess I should remove the screen protectors.. I tried but I couldn't remove it lol... I'll burn it lol.. *just kidding*

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I was told by Nintendo to not use touch protectors as they "damage the screen" [​IMG]

5. Fatenekki
    OP

Macau
    :wtf:? Man, are you serious?

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Yea, they even removed my Hori's for me [​IMG]

edit: I sent it in for the stuck pixel, but they couldn't find it (it was there, I swear it [​IMG]), so they described my DS's problem as dust under screen protector, and charged me 25 dollars to remove the dust and protector.

7. Fatenekki
    OP

Macau
    25 dollars.. that's pretty expensive to me... I'm still trying to remove it myself XD