Hacking Is it me or does the SupercardDSTWO have a terrible build quality?

FireSeel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The build quality of my dstwo is absolutely aweful. Both of the top corners have cracked and the tiny screw has failed too.

HNI_0007.JPGHNI_0008.JPG

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same, the thing that makes the cartridge click when you press it down all the way broke off for me. I had to wrap a bit of tape around mine and it still works.

FireSeel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried wrapping tape around it, but it is too big for the card slot in my 3ds. I might consider getting a new flashcart.

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
same here. never broke/brick it. works like charm. might be bad quAlity, but the internals are good. so tape it is and game time :gba:

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mine falls apart, too. I first had another one that got broken for no reason. The case never had problems but my new one has three cracks at the sides and some small pieces broke out of the case. My screw doesn't hold anything any more.

beeswax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, first thing I noticed when I took it out the box was how flimsy and poorly built it felt. Mine hasn't fallen apart yet but I'm not surprised to hear others have.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many flashcarts have an outer build quality that would not be acceptable by Nintendo's standards, just comes with the territory. I actually took mine apart and put it in a modified 3ds case so it wouldn't stick in my 3ds anymore, worked like a charm after that. If you have the skills to make a modded cartridge housing, by all means do it.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The build quality of my dstwo is absolutely aweful. Both of the top corners have cracked and the tiny screw has failed too.

View attachment 3687View attachment 3688
I've had mine for 5 years now without issue (except the silvery sticker is now falling off, very well worn. Maybe they're using an inferior qulaity materials to increase profit? I don't know, just guessing...

EDIT: I've mentioned this in other forums but there's a company that sells replacement cases for your chip, in various clear styles, smoke, blue, red etc... just go to youtube and type replacement shell for ds games, it should show up there. There's only one, not hard to find... I am talking about the shell that encases the inner workings of the cart...... in other words... everthing not electronic.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a DSTWO within the first month it was released, and like syfyTy said, the top layer of the sticker (the black layer) came off, leaving the bottom layer unscathed (silver layer). Other than that, it is in perfect condition.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You guys must be dicks with your things. Maybe I'm too careful, but my Dstwo is still in perfect condition and there's really nothing wrong with it at all o.O

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, If I ever buy a DSTwo, maybe ill have to make a Carbon Fibre shell for kicks and giggles... Try stomping on that cart....

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own one, but I can confirm the build quality is cheap.
My friend asked me to put his DSTwo in my 3DS game case so he wouldn't lose it. As I was sliding/locking it in the front piece separated from back piece luckily it didn't break off which I would of been to blame.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say that the more recent batches of DSTWOs from the past 6+ months do have bad build quality compared to the older ones. I have an older one as well as one of the more recent ones, and I can definitely tell a difference in the casing between them. Neither has broke, however.

uchiha_951

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From the day I got mine, it has been a bit flimsy (from around the time acekard stopped working). One side of the cartridge easily splits and it doesn't fit well without a little force into game card holders. But overall it has held up great and despite the flimsy-ness, I'm never worried about it breaking when putting it into the holder or the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board. +1