Hacking Is it me or does GBA support suck on G6L?

Vidnez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
is your DS flashed? I would not think that makes a difference but after the 534 and 535 fiasco (not really a big deal but interesting so I say fiasco) we may need to ask that.

Yes, but when I tried that I was using Passcard 3, I flashed my DS yesterday and I'm trying to run it right now and I have the same problem. It seems that is no difference with flashed DS and passcard (in this case).

QUOTEHmm, that's rather wierd. How are you loading games onto your flash card?

I did get white screens as well when I just drag and drop the .nds files onto the flash card. However, using the software included to load the exact same file onto the flash card works flawlessly.

I use the U-Disk Manager all the time.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then it has to be a bad rom. When we eliminate all the other variables that has to be it (unless the version G6L matters. I have the Chinese version)

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot confirm if it works on the american version at the moment as I'm at work. I will try this on my G6 lite US version and let you guys know.

I have the latest U-Disk manager and loader. I also have a flashed DSL. So if mine works, we can safely say that the rom in question is at fault.

nunofgs

OP
Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
Racing Gears Advance does NOT work for me like I said before. It white-screens just after launching it. I never see an image.

My DS Lite is flashed and I have the latest loader+software (4.3a). My G6 Lite is chinese.

Vidnez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried 3 different sources, (U) and (E) versions, EEPROM 124 Patch, etc. with no luck. So maybe it only work on the Chinese version.

Edit: Oh, nunofgs have a chinese G6 lite, then I have no idea what's going on.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pubjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
This is just confusing. Works fine for me. I just grabbed it to see and put it on with no special patch or anything. Is it that it does not save? What was the problem here? I would love to dispel this evil myth about the G6 right now.  There is something very fundamental that you guys must be doing wrong.
ph34r.gif
This all confuses me too, I've never had problems either with my (chinese) G6.

I often read about people having problems and I wonder whats going wrong, when I have the same games working fine.

...And I've never upgraded past beta-firmware - I flashed it straight to the (english&chinese) beta fw when I first got it. I'm not saying that's the answer btw, don't go changing firmware to beta expecting everthing to start working. I can confirm that the firmware upgrades have NEVER increased compatability - it is the U-Disk loader (patching software) that contains all the improvements, just make sure that that is up to date and don't use any special tricks when transferring games.

Another important thing is to unzip GBA games first - and don't compress them with U-disk if they have problems (u-disk compression seems about 50-50 - I don't bother with it). And definately don't try to use u-disk to compress a rom.zip - it won't work.

NDS games all seem to work with 'trim' enabled, but I don't bother with any other options.

I don't know if this will be any help.

[edit] Oh! and my DS is NOT flashed (using passcard 3), if that makes a difference.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just confusing. Works fine for me. I just grabbed it to see and put it on with no special patch or anything. Is it that it does not save? What was the problem here? I would love to dispel this evil myth about the G6 right now.  There is something very fundamental that you guys must be doing wrong.
ph34r.gif

...And I've never upgraded past beta-firmware - I flashed it straight to the (english&chinese) beta fw when I first got it. I'm not saying that's the answer btw, don't go changing firmware to beta expecting everthing to start working. I can confirm that the firmware upgrades have NEVER increased compatability - it is the U-Disk loader (patching software) that contains all the improvements, just make sure that that is up to date and don't use any special tricks when transferring games.
Right! I only recently switched to newer FW (had the Beta on mine until just this morning) only because I wanted the little battery thing and the ability to scroll with the D-Pad (Beta seems to need you to scroll with the stylus and I don't always want to)

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ph34r.gif

Right! I only recently switched to newer FW (had the Beta on mine until just this morning) only because I wanted the little battery thing and the ability to scroll with the D-Pad (Beta seems to need you to scroll with the stylus and I don't always want to)

You don't need to scroll with the stylus on the beta. Use the R and L buttons. (those work on every firmware, btw).

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flashed DS w/4.3
Racing Gears gives me white screen.

Racing Gears Advance does NOT work for me like I said before. It white-screens just after launching it. I never see an image.

My DS Lite is flashed and I have the latest loader+software (4.3a). My G6 Lite is chinese.
the common thread seems to be flashed and not flashed as impossible as that seems.

How flashing would affect GBA side is beyond me.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Falkentyne - No way? I feel dumb. I never tried the R or L buttons. I have used the D-Pad and it will scroll all the way down on newer FW but not on the Beta but I may just go back to it if the R and L also do the same thing. Nice.
yaynds.gif

outphase- Like I said, as impossible as that seems. I probably is not but it is getting harder and harder to pin it on anything else.
unsure.gif

pubjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that the firmware upgrades have NEVER increased compatability - it is the U-Disk loader (patching software) that contains all the improvements, just make sure that that is up to date and don't use any special tricks when transferring games.

Another important thing is to unzip GBA games first - and don't compress them with U-disk if they have problems (u-disk compression seems about 50-50 - I don't bother with it). And definately don't try to use u-disk to compress a rom.zip - it won't work.

NDS games all seem to work with 'trim' enabled, but I don't bother with any other options.

Sorry if the above is patronising, but I just wanted to re-state it as it is important to rule out any problems caused by the user's game transfer method.

nunofgs

OP
Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
Ok, I found a few things...

Grand Theft Auto Advance: I tried this game and it went black-screen on me. I then tried to remove the RTS patch. It works now.

Racing Gears Advance: Since GTA worked, I tried removing the RTS patch from this game and now I only get a white screen on the TOP screen of my DS. (previously, both screens would go white). Still doesn't work though.

Cmon guys, let's figure this out.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I found a few things...

Grand Theft Auto Advance: I tried this game and it went black-screen on me. I then tried to remove the RTS patch. It works now.

Racing Gears Advance: Since GTA worked, I tried removing the RTS patch from this game and now I only get a white screen on the TOP screen of my DS. (previously, both screens would go white). Still doesn't work though.

Cmon guys, let's figure this out.
Why would both screens go black on Racing Gears? the bottom screen (or top, depending on your settings) would not come in to play at all normally. Also, GTA (A?) works just fine with no special fixes. I did not apply the RTS to any of the roms when I wrote them though, but they still just work. they were also zipped at the time I wrote them to the card. Seriously. This is not even funny anymore.
wtf.gif

nunofgs

OP
Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
Why would both screens go black on Racing Gears? the bottom screen (or top, depending on your settings) would not come in to play at all normally.
I know, it makes no sense, but both screens go white if I use RTS.

Also, GTA (A?) works just fine with no special fixes. I did not apply the RTS to any of the roms when I wrote them though, but they still just work. they were also zipped at the time I wrote them to the card. Seriously. This is not even funny anymore.Â
wtf.gif
I'll try writing them zipped to see if it helps.

nunofgs

OP
Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
yeah I know but at this point I'm desperate
tongue.gif

BTW, I tried zipped, hardware patch, hardware+soft patch and soft patch. I even tried just copying the .gba unpatched. Nothing works. Also, I tried both the USA and EUR versions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o