Hacking Is it me or does GBA support suck on G6L?

nunofgs

OP
Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
I used to have an M3 and I've never had a problem with a single GBA or NDS game. With my new G6 Lite, half of my GBA games keep saying "The game will not run on this hardware".

Also, pretty much all of my NDS games don't work with download play. When I try to play a single-cart download play game, my girlfriend's FLASHED DS just white-screens right after downloading the game. The only game I've managed to get working is Tetris.

*sigh* I should have waited for the M3 Lite...

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have not had any problems with GBA support.
And I bet the M3 will have the same single cart download issues.

Drucifer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you name a few GBA games that you are having issues with? I have yet to encounter any problematic GBA games.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I would be interested to find out what GBA games you are having problems with because right now you just sound like a h8ter.
rolleyes.gif
I would be happy to test out some GBA games if you can name some, but right now all I have is Boktai 2 on my G6 Lite.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
G6 Lite is much better in the GBA department than it is in the NDS but both are relatively perfect.

GBA I haven't had a single problem with, and you got tons of nice features with the ingame menu too.

If that menu only existed for NDS....

doodad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure you're not just trying to jam a piece of cheese into the DS console? It sounds like that might be the case.

I had that problem for a while until I received my G6 Lite. GBA games won't work on a piece of cheese.

nunofgs

OP
Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
Ok, I've done some more research and it seems the problem is with a few games that detect the save game type and freak out. There are IPS patches out there, but not for all the games I'd like to play
frown.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you name a few GBA games that you are having issues with? I have yet to encounter any problematic GBA games.
Try any of the Bit Generations games. I upgraded to 4.3 and flashme'd my DS at about the same time. Now my fave "Orbital" won't work, just white screens.
frown.gif

I don't know if it's the upgrade or the new firmware, but something's wacky.

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. You are a little vague as to how you loaded the game onto the cart and which games they are. I have yet to run into any nds or gba problems. In fact, I play animal crossing with a friend from another state through WIFI just fine.(he, of course, does not have a flashed DS nor a flash kit)

FYI, dragging and dropping the .gba or .nds files into their respective folder will most likely not work. You must use the software provided.(and that's a good thing too since you can patch for soft reset and such)

EDIT: spelling/grammar

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, my mistake
shy.gif

I was trying to run orbital by going through the DS menu (My Card) and not by holding select and booting into the GBA menu.
Orbital works fine now, so does Dotstream
gbasp.gif

Sorry for the confusion.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've done some more research and it seems the problem is with a few games that detect the save game type and freak out. There are IPS patches out there, but not for all the games I'd like to play
frown.gif

The only games that don't work on the G6 Lite are the NES classic series. And that's not the G6L's fault--they won't work on Visualboy Advance, either, unless you IPS patch them or use a custom ini file.

GBA compatibility (besides games that don't work on emulators anyway) is 99% at least.

nunofgs

OP
Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
Hmm. You are a little vague as to how you loaded the game onto the cart and which games they are. I have yet to run into any nds or gba problems. In fact, I play animal crossing with a friend from another state through WIFI just fine.(he, of course, does not have a flashed DS nor a flash kit)

Ok, I'll be a little more specific. The GBA games that are not running are basicly every DBZ rpg for GBA. As I have said, I have discovered that you need to patch these specific games. Every other game (zelda games for instance) seem fine.

About the NDS games I have tried to play New Super Mario, Big Brain Academy, Meteos and a few others unsucessfully (by local wireless single card play, not wifi). All of them white-screen right after the nintendo logo. The only one I got to work was tetris DS. Like I said, all of these games worked with my old M3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving my G6 Lite (I don't really want to be a hater), it's just that I'm a bit disappointed since I had zero problems with my old M3 :/

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Racing Gears Advance don't work for me , that sucks because is one of my favorites games.
This is just confusing. Works fine for me. I just grabbed it to see and put it on with no special patch or anything. Is it that it does not save? What was the problem here? I would love to dispel this evil myth about the G6 right now. There is something very fundamental that you guys must be doing wrong.
ph34r.gif

I repeat. Racing Gears Advance DOES work on my G6 Lite.

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What loader version is everyone using?

That maybe the problem. I have not personally tried, but have heard that 4.2 seems to be giving problems.

I'm using the latest 4.3 and everything is in place.

Vidnez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I tried to run it I got a white screen. I was using the Loader and Manager V4.3, then I installed the new version 4.3a and I have the same problem.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried to run it I got a white screen. I was using the Loader and Manager V4.3, then I installed the new version 4.3a and I have the same problem.
is your DS flashed? I would not think that makes a difference but after the 534 and 535 fiasco (not really a big deal but interesting so I say fiasco) we may need to ask that.

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm, that's rather wierd. How are you loading games onto your flash card?

I did get white screens as well when I just drag and drop the .nds files onto the flash card. However, using the software included to load the exact same file onto the flash card works flawlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::rofl2: