Gaming Is it just me or Super Mario 3D Land is short?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I mean I saved up money for several months in order to buy it second handed and after one night, I'm at 4th world already. Is it me or it's just way shorter than like NSMB or SMB?
:(

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's length depends on how you decide to play it; the recent interview with SM3DL director Koichi Hayashida, sheds insight

"You may have noticed that you have those stars that appear next to your save file, you can get from one to five. If you play so that you never make an assist block appear, then you'll have five stars that are sparkling. And I would like to engender this mentality that if you can't do that, you can't call yourself an advanced player."

So if you're hardcore enough, it will take a lot of game resetting to nail all the coins. Are you tough enough ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

The number of worlds are below:
16, the last 8 are special worlds. The last one has an extra level that has to be unlocked (not by coins)
The last level (after the main story) is SO hard. I rage quit for a month, then I picked it up again, and it took me three days to complete it, thirty in total (not counting month of rage)

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one is much longer, most Mario games only have 8 worlds and this one has 16 plus 8 of them being a continuing story instead of a replay that is slightly modified.

zoolmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is very short and easy. Only took me around 7 hours to fully finish it, including the final level that everyone claims is ball breaking.

goembario

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think mario games are getting to easy, the last 8 world weren't that hard for me except some.(I'm always playing levels to get all the things and do not fast run)​
Maby it feels short because of the easiness. (well that's for me the reason)​

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think mario games are getting to easy, the last 8 world weren't that hard for me except some.(I'm always playing levels to get all the things and do not fast run)​
Maby it feels short because of the easiness. (well that's for me the reason)​
True. I got to world 3 on the original before the toads started to piss me off and I quit.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually don't play my 3DS for more than 15-30 minutes at a time. So the game took me roughly two weeks to beat.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat the game 100% in just a few days. It's too short in my opinion

100% huh? So you beat all the levels in all the worlds (both regular and special), with both Mario and Luigi, got all the star coins in all those levels, and got a gold flag on all those levels (1up jump on the flagpole), which unlocked the final level (S8 Crown, see it at ht-tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddOr-TajiEQ ) which you also beat .... all in just a few days.

uh huh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins