Is it just me or is the wii scene well dead??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Farami9, Aug 23, 2007.

Aug 23, 2007
  1. Farami9
    OP

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    WTF is up....

The raids (Sorry I dont know what happened during this peroid - could some explain??)

2. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    which wii scene?

3. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    is it just me or is the Wii scene very young?

4. aligborat69

Member aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Well at least we can play all the games... those poor people who bought a ps3 cant even play their isos yet and probably not for a while!

Nintendo have always been quiet around summer months... then speed up Sept-Dec...

Then again, the wii is young, 2008 will be a better year and alot more games from people who overlooked it, until they realise how many more copies of their games they can see on a wii than any other platform, excluding DS.

Im happy Nintendo is #1, its where they always should have been, the other players will never have the quality of game they produce.

5. Raging Demon

Newcomer Raging Demon Member

United States
    wii scene lol

6. Farami9
    OP

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah this is actually completely off the topic... So I removed it

but I was countering the argue that Nintendo games are STILL the best compared to the players

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Well the Nintendo's first year of DS and GBA titles were good-very good and then a year later they bettered their games. Something that looks like they're doing now with MP3, Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars 2 and SSBB.

For me they've have done very well Zelda Twighlight Princess was a classic, as was Excite Truck and what I've played of Super Paper Mario that seems excellent too. My only problem with them is that they're constantly releasing too many quickly made Mario spin-offs (like Mario Party 8).

As for this 'ere scene, its still young the DS one wasn't all that in the first year, neither were other consoles.

8. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    Nothing of real interest for the wii for qujite a while now.....

BUT the next months look a lot more promising, especially if Nights appears on schedule [​IMG]

9. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    I think its just you. If you think that some raids are going to stop people from modding their consoles, think again. Also the raids weren't solely about products for the Wii (although the Wii modchips did receive the most attention.) Think back to High School business classes. When there is a demand for a product there will be a supply. And whether or not there are modchips there will always be a "scene". Modding consoles is not new. To think that one setback is going to stop all those modders out there from doing there thing is naive.

10. Raisingod

Member Raisingod GBAtemp Fan

Israel

My major problem with Mario Party 8 is the fake widescreen [​IMG] aside from that its a regular mario party [​IMG]

11. pnut

Member pnut GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How fast are you people who think the scene is dead beating these damn games to be complaining about the scene being dead?!?!?!

For real, there should be a poll on how many games do people actually complete in full!

Don't tell me the people who think the scene is dead have all the cups in Strikers, got all S in Excite Truck, completely completed Zelda, opened all secrets in Mario Party 8, etc etc etc!!!!

12. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Why is everyone talking about what games have come out for Wii? Is that what everyone means when they say the Wii scene- just games? When I think of a console "scene" I think of games, homebrew, mods (hardware and software), and all the people who embrace that stuff. Nobody can kill a scene, not even the feds. They can force it underground, but they can never kill it. Even when no new games come out for the Wii, because its replaced by the next gen, the scene will still exist. Just look at the scene that still exists for vintage consoles.

13. elm

Member elm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well I've been a hardcore Nintendo fan since NES, I've never owned an PS or Xbox, because I think Nintendo has the best games period.

But a lot of companies have dismissed Nintendo, back when they first stuck with cartridges over compact disc. So when the Wii was set to arrive last year, those same companies never had Wii games in production because they didn't think the Wii was going to kick butt... and now we all know it does kick butt , and Nintendo is back on top.

So to answer your question.. Companies weren't prepared with the success of the Nintendo Wii and now they are scrambling to produce games for it, and most stopped making PS3 titles and concentrate on making Wii titles. So in the next year or so, the "scene" will be poppin'.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

[​IMG]

14. pnut

Member pnut GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Co-sign!

15. aligborat69

Member aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

You know how people have been buy iphones and ripping them apart to buy shares in the part manufacturers.... why the hell didnt we do this with wii's! Damn it!!!

:-)

16. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    The scene be back. ESA and Nintendo can't fight the proletariat. Vendor promises with full Open Source Spirit!

17. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    Not yet.

When a majority of the Wii's top titles come out, it will.