Gaming Is it just me or is SM3DL Real short?

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
Once you beat the game, you unlock special worlds (8 of 'em I believe, haven't beaten all of 'em) They are much more challenging IMO. I have been playing those with...

Luigi

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a total of 16 worlds, and you're definitely gonna spend more time dying on the Specials.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're hardcore as fuck, this game will take much longer to get all the coins because if you die 5 times in a level in a row you lose your chance at glittery stars 100% in your profile.

Specific rules ripped from gamefaqs q&a top voted answer:

Glittering Stars: Die no more than 5 times in one level, before said level has been cleared/Super Items never appeared. Therefore, since Special Worlds don't have Super Items, the Glittering Stars are permanently yours after finishing all the levels in the main 8 worlds.

Reactions: 1 person

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Oh cool, thanks everyone! Wow, seems longer than usual.

Once you beat the game, you unlock special worlds (8 of 'em I believe, haven't beaten all of 'em) They are much more challenging IMO. I have been playing those with...

Luigi
How do I use him?
Hold down L+R when loading, or do I unlock him?

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh cool, thanks everyone! Wow, seems longer than usual.

Luigi
How do I use him?
Hold down L+R when loading, or do I unlock him?

I think you unlock him after world 8

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't believe people are putting Luigi in a spoiler like it's actually a friggin' spoiler...

Anyway as already stated, the first 8 worlds are incredibly easy.
You get to do them again but they're a bit harder (and some levels actually change instead of just adding a challenge like low time). Nothing ever gets super hard though. Still a fun game that lasts you 1-3 weeks playing casually.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe people are putting Luigi in a spoiler like it's actually a friggin' spoiler...

You get to do them again but they're a bit harder (and some levels actually change instead of just adding a challenge like low time). Nothing ever gets super hard though. Still a fun game that lasts you 1-3 weeks playing casually.
Hmm, then I must stink at video games. I play it casually and I haven't finished it yet. I got it on day 1.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country

Just because you know about it doesn't mean everyone else does. I personally believe it's a general etiquette amongst gamers to put any kind of game spoilers in a spoiler tag (it's others wish thereafter whether they want to see/read it or not. It doesn't matter how big or small the spoiler is or how new or old the games are. I know a few people who totally avoid reading about games before they play them.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not short for a handheld game if you're determined to 100% it ... you have to beat all levels (regular and special), with both M and L, get all star coins, and get a gold flag on all levels (1up jump on the flagpole) .... to unlock the final level. Beat that and then you can say you "beat the game."

I'm about halfway there. Have to go back and do it all over as Luigi now. Got the game for Christmas but went nuts on MK7 online for over 2 months before I finally picked up 3D Land. I think they made this thing perfectly ... those first 8 worlds are for the little kids and lightweights so they can be happy they "beat the game" ... the special worlds are a mixed bag. Some are easy, while some are genuinely challenging, but still fun not frustrating. (I have to admit, my favorite game of all time is Yoshi's Island, and while I've beaten it twice on SNES and once on GBA, it definitely does get frustrating at times.)

Squeeze every drop out of the game and you'll get your money's worth.

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
It's not short for a handheld game if you're determined to 100% it ... you have to beat all levels (regular and special), with both M and L, get all star coins, and get a gold flag on all levels (1up jump on the flagpole) .... to unlock the final level. Beat that and then you can say you "beat the game."

I'm about halfway there. Have to go back and do it all over as Luigi now. Got the game for Christmas but went nuts on MK7 online for over 2 months before I finally picked up 3D Land. I think they made this thing perfectly ... those first 8 worlds are for the little kids and lightweights so they can be happy they "beat the game" ... the special worlds are a mixed bag. Some are easy, while some are genuinely challenging, but still fun not frustrating. (I have to admit, my favorite game of all time is Yoshi's Island, and while I've beaten it twice on SNES and once on GBA, it definitely does get frustrating at times.)

Squeeze every drop out of the game and you'll get your money's worth.
It is fun already :) I'm gonna try 100%. These are my only 2 games until... end of July, August maybe, in the mean time I may get some eShop games, bring my count of games to about 5. I want to get everything both in MK7 and SM3DL :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse