is it just me or gbatemp logo on top of the page has changed?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, when i refresh or change of page, it becomes very blurry and then gradually become clear
is it a features from the new gbagtemp style?
because i had it for few days now and never noticed it before

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is just stupid and overreacting, too low for a forum this big if you ask me. Reddit is shit so it can go do whatever it wants, but temp should be better...

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Come on dude, seriously? What is this shit? Now even the home button redirects to the stupid net neutrality thread! Grow up people, if you think you can gather support like this, you are mistaken, but you will gather dislikes!:angry: I use the logo to get around the site with a quick jump to homepage, now it's a pain navigating!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on dude, seriously? What is this shit? Now even the home button redirects to the stupid net neutrality thread! Grow up people, if you think you can gather support like this, you are mistaken, but you will gather dislikes!:angry: I use the logo to get around the site with a quick jump to homepage, now it's a pain navigating!
There's a home button at the bottom of the page.

Weren't you just complaining about them overreacting? That's a little ironic...

Reactions: Ethevion

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I originally respected GBAtemp for just showing an informative article on the subject and leaving people to draw their own conclusions but this is just stupid now.
I keep getting large popups that basically pressure me into sending some letter to a congress in a totally different country. Even if I was american thats just stupid. A ton of websites have this shit and people are pushing the same one view everywhere, when there's still two sides to this debate. While I agree that net neutrality should be a thing, nobody is seeing the full story and is being peer pressured into making a congress call about something they don't fully understand.
The home icon which I always use to get back to the home page now forcibly takes me to the NN thread and the icon is highly distracting. This isn't the free and independant GBAtemp I used to know, this is just blatant advertisement of their own political viewpoint.

Reactions: ThoD

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrome/windows 10 only popped up once. And I X'd off of it before I had time to read it. Honestly thought I was getting a pop-up ad and my 2006 instincts kicked in.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There's a home button at the bottom of the page.

Weren't you just complaining about them overreacting? That's a little ironic...
I use Tab to click the links and first link on page is the Logo which SHOULD redirect to home but now it doesn't so I have to tap it like 10 times to get to the other Home button, so again, it's annoying. Also, those two things are COMPLETELY different!

I originally respected GBAtemp for just showing an informative article on the subject and leaving people to draw their own conclusions but this is just stupid now.
I keep getting large popups that basically pressure me into sending some letter to a congress in a totally different country. Even if I was american thats just stupid. A ton of websites have this shit and people are pushing the same one view everywhere, when there's still two sides to this debate. While I agree that net neutrality should be a thing, nobody is seeing the full story and is being peer pressured into making a congress call about something they don't fully understand.
The home icon which I always use to get back to the home page now forcibly takes me to the NN thread and the icon is highly distracting. This isn't the free and independant GBAtemp I used to know, this is just blatant advertisement of their own political viewpoint.
Couldn't agree more, now it's literally spam! If anything, now I WANT the net neutrality to be repealed just for this shit to stop and so that I will be able to browse the internet peacefully for once, something I haven't been able to do in 2 months because of this topic! Also, to add something to what you said, EVERYTHING people claim will happen is one of the MANY POSSIBILITIES, NOT a certainty!

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Tab to click the links and first link on page is the Logo which SHOULD redirect to home but now it doesn't so I have to tap it like 10 times to get to the other Home button, so again, it's annoying. Also, those two things are COMPLETELY different!

Couldn't agree more, now it's literally spam! If anything, now I WANT the net neutrality to be repealed just for this shit to stop and so that I will be able to browse the internet peacefully for once, something I haven't been able to do in 2 months because of this topic! Also, to add something to what you said, EVERYTHING people claim will happen is one of the MANY POSSIBILITIES, NOT a certainty!
This statement is quite ironic. Net neutrality repeal will do anything BUT allow you to browse the internet in peace. Americans make up a lot of web traffic and these decisions will impact the freedom of the internet worldwide.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoops, replies broke in Chrome @shaunj66
Back to normal, thanks man

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This statement is quite ironic. Net neutrality repeal will do anything BUT allow you to browse the internet in peace. Americans make up a lot of web traffic and these decisions will impact the freedom of the internet worldwide.
My friend just made the comment of "even if a cure for cancer was invented there would be people complaining that it's taking money away from hospitals that rely on revenue from the treatment process"

I'm honestly beginning to believe that, unfortunately

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse