Gaming Is it hard to replace a PSP Faceplate?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just curious because i somehow got some sort of indent chip off my screen (And its kinda glarish while playing games), and was curious if its hard to replace a face plate), also do any stores sell them? Or do i have to order one online.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
I was just curious because i somehow got some sort of indent chip off my screen (And its kinda glarish while playing games), and was curious if its hard to replace a face plate), also do any stores sell them? Or do i have to order one online.

no they are quite easy to do ... just be careful and don't loose any screws and you should be fine
smile.gif

there are good guides all over the net on how to change them ..

Deal Extreme do them pretty cheap or Ebay .... not sure about any high street stores selling them!?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Both phat and slim about 7 screws, you need a good quality size "0" cross head screwdriver. Just make sure you put the screws back in the same place (3 types) and the only other issue is DUST

It gets everywhere, even cleaning with mirror wipes still left a couple of small bits. Other than that, if its a phat you have to pull off the joystick top and unscrew it from the face plate.

All in all the easiest repair you can do to a PSP - I got mine from dealextreme (metalic red) not bad but make sure you put on a screen protector as the new face plate is not as tough as the original.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dgwillia said:

in answer to your first question no its extremely easy to replace the faceplate even a monkey could do it (albeit monkeys are very smart anyways but you should get the metaphor)

however it will void your warranty as 2 of the screws are under the warranty sticker and you also need an extremely small philips screw driver or if you don't have one a really small flat head screw that will fit snuggley on the screw then you remove these screws 2 of which are under the warranty sticker like I said above.

P1000017-1.jpg

when they are out you simple remove the face plate not the analog stick is attached to the faceplate and will also need removeing if you wish to keep the buttons also remove them and put them on the new faceplate then simple reverse the process and your done

ignore the fact the umd door isn't on I haven't finished replacing everyting in mine yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Each bite is a $1 well spent