Hacking Is it Gateway or emuNAND that breaks DS Mode in emuNAND?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if I entered emuNAND with something like rxTools (or even Gateway classic mode), can I still run a DS game? I don't have any DS games to try out (I only have a blocked flashcard) but I'm wondering about what's really happening when people keep saying "Gateway doesn't work with DS Mode" because that doesn't really specify where the problem is happening.

Has anyone tried launching a DS Game using rxTools or classic mode emuNAND, or some other method that doesn't involve a Gateway cartridge?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't work, it'll just crash

Because of Gateway's reliance on the MSET exploit back in the 4.X days, which launching DS mode resets

I don't know about rxtools though. It's a good question

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
DS/DSi stuff doesn't work with Gateway because of some of the things they patch out in NATIVE_FIRM when Gateway/Classic mode is booted. It's not quite emunand alone that is the reason otherwise you'd be able to boot that stuff if you booted Gateway without emunand. DSiWare (and by extension DS carts as well) work with PastaCFW from what I've heard, so it's really a matter of something silly Gateway has done that prevents it from working. It's not really related to MSET. People just assumed it was back in the day when that was the only entry point. Today even with the web browser entry point, TWL_FIRM/AGB_FIRM stuff won't boot in Gateway mode even if booted without emunand.

I recall hearing from someone why exactly this is the case but I have long forgotten. So I wouldn't be the one to give you the technical details on that. :P

Reactions: Margen67

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS/DSi stuff doesn't work with Gateway because of some of the things they patch out in NATIVE_FIRM when Gateway/Classic mode is booted. It's not quite emunand alone that is the reason otherwise you'd be able to boot that stuff if you booted Gateway without emunand. DSiWare (and by extension DS carts as well) work with PastaCFW from what I've heard, so it's really a matter of something silly Gateway has done that prevents it from working. It's not really related to MSET. People just assumed it was back in the day when that was the only entry point. Today even with the web browser entry point, TWL_FIRM/AGB_FIRM stuff won't boot in Gateway mode even if booted without emunand.

I recall hearing from someone why exactly this is the case but I have long forgotten. So I wouldn't be the one to give you the technical details on that. :P
Isn't it because the FIRMs aren't redirected?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4