Hacking Is it correct that the "bootstrap" and "cia" folder has disappeared after downloading CFW?

3dsdude21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything was good after downloading cfw, but I realised that the "boot9strap" and "cias" folders from the first screenshot from this page https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup is now gone.

Is this correct? Or did I do something wrong? I did manage to install cfw on my 2ds successfully though, just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe you used a "cleanup" script that removed them?
(90% of the "finalizing setup" page is optional; it just tries to give a comprehensive feature set for beginners)

Now if your filesystem started dropping random items, that would be something to worry about: but user error (or, in this case, good faith ignorance of what you actually did by pushing buttons as a random internet guy told you) is likely :)

3dsdude21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you used a "cleanup" script that removed them?
(90% of the "finalizing setup" page is optional; it just tries to give a comprehensive feature set for beginners)

Now if your filesystem started dropping random items, that would be something to worry about: but user error (or, in this case, good faith ignorance of what you actually did by pushing buttons as a random internet guy told you) is likely :)
pretty sure I didn't remove anything though and also followed everything to the letter. Cause i was so anxious about the whole process, I wouldn't have removed anything though. On that note, is anything in the boot9strap and cia file important?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I might have gotten it. Looking at the files in the boot9strap and cias folder, it seems that they all contain the stuff that is now in my main page (eg. FBI, LumaUpdater etc.). I believe that since I installed them onto my main page, it might have gotten deleted along the way after I selected the "Clean Up SD card" in one of the steps. Same with the boot9strap, since the system no longer needs it after cfw is downloaded.

Do you think that could be it?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything was good after downloading cfw, but I realised that the "boot9strap" and "cias" folders from the first screenshot from this page https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup is now gone.

Is this correct? Or did I do something wrong? I did manage to install cfw on my 2ds successfully though, just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

If you did this:
  • GodMode9 → (HOME) button → Scripts... → GM9Megascript → Scripts from Phailect's Guide → Cleanup SD Card → etc.

These are the following files and folders that are deleted.

0:/arm9.bin
0:/arm11.bin
0:/ntr.bin

0:/soundhax-usa-o3ds.m4a
0:/soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a
0:/soundhax-eur-o3ds.m4a
0:/soundhax-eur-n3ds.m4a
0:/soundhax-jpn-o3ds.m4a
0:/soundhax-jpn-n3ds.m4a
0:/soundhax-kor-o3ds.m4a
0:/soundhax-kor-n3ds.m4a
0:/otherapp.bin
0:/3ds/safehax.3dsx
0:/3ds/udsploit.3dsx
0:/safehaxpayload.bin

0:/Launcher.dat
0:/SafeB9SInstaller.dat
0:/public.sav
0:/boot.nds
0:/savedata
0:/sudoku_v0.app
0:/4swords.app
0:/luma/payloads/ntrboot_flasher.firm
0:/ntrboot
0:/ntrboot.firm
0:/boot9strap
0:/cias

0:/gm9/scripts/setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9
0:/gm9/scripts/cleanup_sd_card.gm9

0:/arm9loaderhax.bin
0:/files9/aeskeydb.bin

After hacking the 2DS, these are no longer needed in whichever method that was followed to install CFW.

Edit - You can make a new cias folder and repopulate whatever other homebrew apps or games you found / intend to install later.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Ryccardo

3dsdude21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did this:
  • GodMode9 → (HOME) button → Scripts... → GM9Megascript → Scripts from Phailect's Guide → Cleanup SD Card → etc.

These are the following files and folders that are deleted.

After hacking the 2DS, these are no longer needed in whichever method that was followed to install CFW.

Edit - You can make a new cias folder and repopulate whatever other homebrew apps or games you found / intend to install later.

I see, yes this is exactly the reply I was looking for, thanks!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM