Is it better to have Hacked Wii and WiiU separately, or is all-in-one WiiU better?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by RickyEarl, Mar 8, 2017.

1. RickyEarl
    OP

RickyEarl Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2006
    Hi,

WiiU hacking noob - but I have some experience with the hacking Wii and the 3ds. I have a Wii (actually several) sitting around my house gathering dust. I also have a WiiU. I was wondering if there's any real downside to hacking the WiiU for both WiiU and vWii functionality - I can certainly just hack a Wii (that's pretty easy) and WiiU and use them separately, but there's something sort of elegant about having the ability to do everything with one console. But I don't want to sacrifice stability or risk bricking something because I have made things complex and convoluted by trying to do too many things.

So which is the smart choice?

Thanks!

2. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    All I can think you lose is GameCube controller support and 480i composite video output (for those CRT purists).

3. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    I've got both. But i only play the hacked vwii and wii u.
    I don't believe there is a downside

4. jerzmob

jerzmob GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2007
    United States
    I would hack Wii U's vWii because of the HDMI convenience & there's nintendont which works. I've only done haxchi. Haven't done the vWii yet since most of the games I want to play are on VC download. I hope one day we can just install any Wii game on the Wii U channel without using vWii & hopefully nintendont makes that port too somehow

jimbo13 likes this.
  5. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    I rented a game just to hack my vwii