Hacking Is it better to have Hacked Wii and WiiU separately, or is all-in-one WiiU better?

RickyEarl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

WiiU hacking noob - but I have some experience with the hacking Wii and the 3ds. I have a Wii (actually several) sitting around my house gathering dust. I also have a WiiU. I was wondering if there's any real downside to hacking the WiiU for both WiiU and vWii functionality - I can certainly just hack a Wii (that's pretty easy) and WiiU and use them separately, but there's something sort of elegant about having the ability to do everything with one console. But I don't want to sacrifice stability or risk bricking something because I have made things complex and convoluted by trying to do too many things.

So which is the smart choice?

Thanks!

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I can think you lose is GameCube controller support and 480i composite video output (for those CRT purists).

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hack Wii U's vWii because of the HDMI convenience & there's nintendont which works. I've only done haxchi. Haven't done the vWii yet since most of the games I want to play are on VC download. I hope one day we can just install any Wii game on the Wii U channel without using vWii & hopefully nintendont makes that port too somehow

Reactions: jimbo13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol