is it bad to install wiiware wads or vc wads

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drcrappants, Jul 9, 2018.

1. drcrappants
    OP

drcrappants Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    heard something about wii blocks are limited so we shouldnt install them and there was some other way. is this true? what is recommended?

2. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N can't think of anything creative to put here

Jun 7, 2016
    Antarctica
    Hell
    While it is true that your Wii has a limited amount of internal storage, that's not to dissuade from installing custom WADs to it altogether. What seems to be the recommended method of WAD installation these days is to set up USB Loader GX, have it create an EmuNAND for you, then use USB Loader GX's built-in WAD manager to install WADs to said EmuNAND. Be warned, though; some WADs may not work properly this way, and you may need something like neek.

You should probably also have some sort of brick protection on your Wii to begin with before you start messing around with WADs. Either install bootmii as boot2 (if you used the Hackmii installer, you should have already done this), or install bootmii as IOS alongside Priiloader.

Check out these links below for more info:
    Wii Hacking Guide by the RiiConnect24 Team
    Guide to using neek with USB Loader GX
    Useful thread on Launching WADs via USB Loader GX

Last edited by B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N, Jul 10, 2018
  3. drcrappants
    OP

drcrappants Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    just gave this a shot, kirbys dream course on emunand wad install.

"Error: invalid wad file"
    what would cause this?

edit: also, i did the emunand and included emunand stuff in my usb loader gx. games did appear aside from the one above that wont install. howeve,r a ton of other crap shows up too like news channel and neogamma and whatnot. how do i get rid of them

edit 2: just tested bomberman wad game, launched it and my wii turned black and my wiimote turned off and my system froze. wtf

Last edited by drcrappants, Jul 10, 2018
  4. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N can't think of anything creative to put here

Jun 7, 2016
    Antarctica
    Hell
    So, Kirby's Dream Course wouldn't install, but Bomberman did? It could just be a bad file. Try dumping it again or getting it from another source.

As for the system freeze, have you tried using neek with it yet? If not, do that.

By the way, you can set certain categories for the built-in apps, then tell USB Loader GX to hide titles of that category. Do that for the built-in titles to keep them out of sight.