Gaming Is it a good idea to get a xbox 360 arcade?

Cletebob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are going to do Live right away, get the Pro or Elite that comes with the hard-drive. Otherwise, you will have no room (or at least not enough) to download demos, other arcade games, videos, add-ons, etc....

If you are NOT going to be doing Live right now, the Arcade should be fine since you will only need to store savegames. You can always add a hard-drive later, though it would cost more total as pointed out above.

Hope this helps.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
You only need a hard disk if you're going to download updates for a lot of games or if you want to get downloadable content (games, videos, etc) off of xbox live. If you're just going to play games off disc then the memory unit is more than fine.

Buuut, the new dashboard update will let you rip your games to the hard disk to reduce wear and tear on the dvd drive (also will be less noisy). Not sure how much of the games they'll copy but my guess is that the discontinued 20GB won't hold alot.

Personally I think the Arcade is a good deal when stores bundle them with games. For instance, I bought an Xbox Arcade with Gears of War and SW: The Force Unleashed all for $200 bucks. Subtract $100 for the games and the hardware comes to $100. If I buy a hard disk it'll still be cheaper than the Pro or Elite. You don't get the small extras such as the headset and the ethernet cable (of which I have plenty).

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Like has been said already your purchase should be based on how you plan on using the system. i use mine for live, live arcade, and updates therefore i need the space. i am seriously thinking of upgrading to the 120 GB hdd. though. especially with the new dashboard update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: