Hardware Is is possible to use usb snes controllers?

NekoYeet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to order a pair of usb snes controllers but I need to know if they'll work with the Wii first. I know theres a app on the WiiU that lets you use any controller out there and was wondering if there's something similar for the wii.

Dcep1501

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to order a pair of usb snes controllers but I need to know if they'll work with the Wii first. I know theres a app on the WiiU that lets you use any controller out there and was wondering if there's something similar for the wii.
Hey man, well, I use an original snes controller that connects through a GC adapter to my Wii GC controller port, (on white Wii located at the top under flap). The Wii basically recognizes it as a classic controller. However, the usb port may not be the same. You could go the route I did and get the GC adapter, because I know that works, for sure.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No Wii or GC commercial game, to the best of my knowledge, supports USB controllers (homebrew is another story); and each game supplies their own controller drivers so a remapping homebrew isn't really possible without a full blown virtualizer like Nintendont or nds_bootstrap are

Dcep1501

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yea it seems like your best bet is to just hunt down a couple of cheap/used original snes controllers and order some GC controller adapters. So far, it's worked for me on emulators and basically whatever game uses the classic controller.

Reactions: NekoYeet

NekoYeet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yea it seems like your best bet is to just hunt down a couple of cheap/used original snes controllers and order some GC controller adapters. So far, it's worked for me on emulators and basically whatever game uses the classic controller.

Thanks for the help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No Wii or GC commercial game, to the best of my knowledge, supports USB controllers (homebrew is another story); and each game supplies their own controller drivers so a remapping homebrew isn't really possible without a full blown virtualizer like Nintendont or nds_bootstrap are

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Dcep1501

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the nes classic and snes classic controllers can both be plugged into a Wiimote and used but I haven’t tried it myself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.