Is is possible to unjailbreak an iphone..from an iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by xakota, Jun 22, 2011.

1. xakota
    OP

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, so I've ran into a problem with my iPhone and I'm heading to the genius bar to get it fixed tomorrow. Naturally I'm going to want my phone unjailbroken first so they don't give me crap about how it voids the warranty.

The dilemma is that the problem I speak of is that the phone can't charge...the computer doesn't recognize it at all, so I can't restore it. Is there some un-jailbreak package in the cydia store?

2. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Why not read the guide in the sticky part? You can unjailbreak by pressing certain button combination. It will erase all your stuff but you are jailbreak free.

Connect your device to your computer and then turn it off.

Press and hold the Sleep and Home buttons for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button ONLY.

The screen should now be completely off, while your computer will identify the device as "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)."

If you see an iTunes logo on your screen instead, you are in Recovery Mode. Try following these steps again from the beginning.

3. tijntje_7

Member tijntje_7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands

That is NOT true. It WILL NOT unjailbreak your device. What you should do is get in into dfu mode, and let iTunes recover it.

4. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Ow it is what the guide said. ;;^^

sorry forgot to say that it came out of Dialexio's complete guide sorry!

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    if the phone cant charge, and its not being detected, it probably means the interface connector is messed up, dfu wont do much good if the computer cant detect it

6. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Best I can think of is to somehow use SSH to eliminate everything (assuming you have SSH installed). Even then its going to be iffy as to whether you can delete everything. You need to use Cydia to remove everything and then remove Cydia alongside any extra settings files etc. that may be lying around in the phone i.e. its very tedious and near impossible.

7. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hmm I sent a jailbroken Iphone in once and they covered the warranty since it was a hardware failure. It was obviously jailbroken had the iPad baseband ect. I even told them it was jailbroken.

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I don't know if I've heard of a brick to THAT extent... If the computer can't recognize it...

Still, connect to a computer and try DFU mode. If you're lucky, it could be recognized.

9. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Sounds more like a bad USB cable to me.