Hacking Is is good if I buy the Acekard 2?

pizzaman123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to buy Acekard 2 and I think it is good, but I've heard that the Acekard 2i is better. I have a DS Lite and isn't the firmware the same for both, so it's the same thing right, so it does not matter right? And is this Acekard 2 the real one or not if I but it from tis link: http://bit.ly/beQuMZ

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AK2.1 and 2i are very similar, the 2.1 only works with the DS Phat/Lite.
The 2i works on the DSi and can be updated to work with future firmware updates.

Beyond that, they can both run AKAIO and have similar build quality. (2.1s had a 'bad batch' that has been addressed, the 2is seem to have a thinner shell and has some contact issues which is fixed by slipping a piece of paper under the PCB)

If you're going to buy the card, I would HIGHLY recommend NOT buying from a site with 'R4' in their name.
Some places I would recommended are ShopTemp (Affiliated with GBATemp) and GameKool (I ordered mine from them, got it in 8 days).

pizzaman123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
AK2.1 and 2i are very similar, the 2.1 only works with the DS Phat/Lite.
The 2i works on the DSi and can be updated to work with future firmware updates.

Beyond that, they can both run AKAIO and have similar build quality. (2.1s had a 'bad batch' that has been addressed, the 2is seem to have a thinner shell and has some contact issues which is fixed by slipping a piece of paper under the PCB)

If you're going to buy the card, I would HIGHLY recommend NOT buying from a site with 'R4' in their name.
Some places I would recommended are ShopTemp (Affiliated with GBATemp) and GameKool (I ordered mine from them, got it in 8 days).

Wait, so I can't play newer games on Acekard 2.1, because I can't update?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO = AceKard All-In-One.
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pizzaman123 said:
Wait, so I can't play newer games on Acekard 2.1, because I can't update?
You're confusing 'menus' with 'firmware', but don't feel bad... LOTS of people do.

Firmware is what runs under the cart or on the DS. DSi 1.4.0/1.4.1 and FlashMe are firmwares.
The menu is what lets the cart operate and what you see. AKAIO is a menu.

AKAIO can be run on ALL AceKards: AceKard 2, AceKard 2.1, AceKard 2i and I think AceKard R.P.G.
But only AceKard 2i has an updatable firmware which is used to bypass the DSi's firmware update which blocks flashcarts.

Joseg1320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both cost the same, and the Acekard 2i is better built and can run on the DSi. Get the Acekard 2i, who knows, maybe you break your DS and get a DSi. Having the Acekard 2i that is able to run on the DSi isn't going to hurt your DS.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joseg1320 said:
They both cost the same, and the Acekard 2i is better built and can run on the DSi. Get the Acekard 2i, who knows, maybe you break your DS and get a DSi. Having the Acekard 2i that is able to run on the DSi isn't going to hurt your DS.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the AK2.1 has a better build quality.
Everything I've read/heard says the AK2i has a thinner shell and has contact issues.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
shells feel the same to me. ak2i has internal pcb placement issues and warped pcbs which can cause contact issues. after lots of use my perfect 2i now has contact issues for no logical reason. if you have the ds phat/lite then stick to the 2.1.

don't worry about the 2.1 had a bad batch conversation which people can't seem to let die. it was a hardware upgraded that caused saving issues with both firmware choices. akaio fixed it and gave the fix to acekard. after that they recalled all cards sold after dec 09 and replaced them with a new run that was 1 revision old and did not contain this update. so even in the incredibly rare chance that you got one of those cards it would work perfectly fine.

you should buy from ShopTemp because proceeds from sales help to support gbatemp. they offer free and $1 shipping options world wide.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.