Is installing ticket files for CIAngel or the up coming freeshop removable?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ichigo1000, May 27, 2016.

1. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    If you were to install ticket files for them, can it be removed or is it permanent? Let's say if those tickets no longer work in the future or you have to send it in to Nintendo for whatever reason.

Also, as of now I heard you have to install a ticket for each game in order for CIAngel to work, but I also heard you can download a file which makes all games work (wings.json?). I'm not exactly sure how these things work as of now. If someone can clear this up for me, that'll be awesome. :)

Last edited by Ichigo1000, May 27, 2016
  2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes, use fbi to delete

Hoppy likes this.
  3. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    wings.json is just a community contribution database of game titles, it is what allows CIAngel to install the CIA's correctly.
    CIAngel is used for installing specific games (Use the search, find the game, install it), just as FreeShop will be when it is released.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    Will you still need to download tickets if you have wings.json?

5. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Tickets are just a part of the installation process. When you install a CIA, a ticket gets installed with it (It's embedded in the CIA). wings.json allows CIAngel to create that ticket when generating/installing the CIA. So you don't need to find a ticket separately, CIAngel creates it from the wings.json data.

6. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    Ah, I see. I have one more question in mind. Do you need to regularly update wings.json, say when new games come out? Thanks!

7. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Yes, CIAngel has that functionality built in.