Is GBATemp getting ruined?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Gullwing, Mar 20, 2009.

Mar 20, 2009

Is GBATemp getting ruined? by Gullwing at 1:15 PM (2,522 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. Gullwing
    OP

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    I have been a member in this wonderful site since 2007... I wouldn't know what I know right now without the help of some people from GBAtemp... Indeed the number 1 site of my choices for gaming/homebrew news etc. But there have also been some problems withe the site now and then...We couldn't acces the site some days ago... As you can notice the theme is not activce and we can't acces the portal (front) page...... Is the site ruined? What's actually the matter... servers issues?.... Well... that's all.....

2. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Now is a time of transition for us, that's really about all I can say.
    We hope you will bear with us for the time being. You will be happy with the result, I assure you.

3. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    No, but posts like this can lead to ruins...

4. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Sorry if my post seems like a flaming one... but I am really disapointed of the result.... It's not that I blame someone or anything... But u got my hopes up mthrnite [​IMG]

5. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    I am completely sure you guys are doing the best you can to ensure the site is working as it should, and I do understand that mantaining a website as big as this one is both time and money consuming. Gullwing is overreacting and by no means represents what most of the users here think. On the other hand, lately I've seen a lot of noobs and trolls that shield with their so-called "freedom of speech"... and that burns me out.

Edit: Nevermind, Gullwing, we know you're not scolding anyone, but still, it's just a transition time, like Mthrnite said. Be patient and everthing will wind up well.

6. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    That's not at all true, and I think it's silly for you to make such a comment. I surely appreciate all the work that goes into this site, but it probably would have been wise to put up a front-page notice of such a big change. Nothing need be revealed, but when you notice the front page gone, well, it's kind of a jolt to your everyday visits to the site.

7. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    It's not the server nor information that makes a site good.

It's the people.

8. Minox

Sweden
    The only thing I meant with that post is that posting such a post can only make things worse. It doesn't have to make something worse, but it's not like such a post will make the site function any better and seeing as this is already reported in the "Forum Bugs"-forum it'll be resolved sooner or later.

9. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Do you imply that I'm a troller? What burns me out most is people who accuse others with no particular reasons.

10. Whizz

Member Whizz When things don't go right, go left.

Netherlands
    That has so much wisdom in it that I had to QFT.

11. Minox

Sweden
    I'm not implying anything at all. I don't see you as a troll. I just state my opinion as I'm entitled to.

12. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Sorry that's what I understood...

13. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    i see one of these threads a month at least. to be honest no one is keeping you here. if you dont like it then you can leave by all means.

granted there have been plenty of noobs on the site lately but do we necessarily need threads like this? do these threads contribute anything?

i think not

if you dont like it you can go away...no one is shackling you to this site

14. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Since when has a server change ever went flawlessly? When all the bugs are worked out, the site will be better than ever. Relax people.

15. mewcuss

Member mewcuss GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I thought that the site might be back to normal after the busy weekend. Even with the server issues and GTA problems and the Pokemon release this site is still a lot faster than the se**bii forums.

16. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    The thing is, while server transfer was in a process, we had those big games coming out, especially GTA, and that probably made some problems, and hardened the process itself..
    Admins had to remove some of the extra functions to keep site running! And all those people constantly refreshing site, and asking about patch didn't help either!

So basically, few things gone wrong, in the wrong time, and timing was off.....nothing more nothing less..

GBAtemp is still here, we're still doing our best to maintain the site and keep it enjoyable for everyone..so there is no reason to worry, of course we're having some troubles now and then, but we're pretty huge site, have you seen our user database?! It's all expected..That's why our staff is big..

17. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Is GBATemp getting ruined?

Only by threads like this one.

18. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Well said, I mean whats the big deal. It's only a server change slow downs are going to happen, as a matter of fact I haven't had a slowdown in a few weeks now.

19. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    No point of making a thread like this, the "problems" GBAtemp has been having are very bearable.

20. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I don't know if the problems have been bearable with you but i couldn't access the site for 3-4 days