1. MetoMeto

OP MetoMeto GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Hello guys!

Ok so i bought the original DS, the fat one (i mean i won it on auction for $3.97, mint condition. pretty sweet catch! ...but i still need to wait it to arrive...),
    and so, while i wait, i was wondering about it's battery.
    Is the original DS battery the same as GBA SP or DS lite battery, or is it a completely different battery?

I presume it's the same as (but i don't know actually, hence this topic) GBA SP battery cause it uses the same charger port/charger as ​
    GBA SP (judging by charging port in back of the fat DS). But again since its a DS, its perhaps closer to DS lite, hence it uses the DS lite battery?​

The reason i ask this is if battery on fatty is dead or bad, i want to know what battery to look for in advance, to prepare since where i'm from,
    there are few things like those and i like to be prepared in advance.

So if you would be kind to answer id appreciate it~ ^^

Thanks~
    :nds:

2. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    banjo2 and MetoMeto like this.
  3. MetoMeto

Japan
    Thanks for the link but i wont be buying from amazon or e-bay, i have local shopping websites for used and new stuff. I was not just asking for where and what to buy,
    i was more interested in battery it self if anyone has tried it or can compare. I mean someone who has it.

But thanks anyway, info on that pic is also a good clue! :)

I appreciate it!

banjo2 likes this.
  4. Extrasklep

Extrasklep gbaTemp Fan

Poland
    The DS lite battery is not compatible (it's a different shape and won't fit) but maybe the GBA SP battery is compatible, from what I saw it's a similar shape and has the contacts in the same place

alexander1970, MetoMeto and banjo2 like this.
  5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Italy
    Correct, SP and DS batteries are compatible after cutting off the plastic pins

SP ones are lower capacity out of the factory too

MetoMeto, alexander1970 and zfreeman like this.
  6. MetoMeto

Japan
    thanks! i guess sp will last longer with ds battery while using ezflash, since ezflash drains battery faster....

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - compatible, original, Battery