Is Gaming High Art? Can it ever be High Art?

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Julius-Caesar-statue-Rome-Italy.jpg

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you think is the high point of gaming?
There are so many games it's hard to think of one for this right now.

However, the movie Once Upon in the West is an absolute masterpiece of a Western movie and one of the best films ever made. What's more, the score is still freaking amazing by the one and only Ennio Morricone (RIP).

John Wayne shouldn't have rejected Spaghetti Westerns because of that we never got a movie featuring John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. Still, Mr. Wayne was an incredible actor, too.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
There are so many games it's hard to think of one for this right now.

However, the movie Once Upon in the West is an absolute masterpiece of a Western movie and one of the best films ever made. What's more, the score is still freaking amazing by the one and only Ennio Morricone (RIP).

John Wayne shouldn't have rejected Spaghetti Westerns because of that we never got a movie featuring John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. Still, Mr. Wayne was an incredible actor, too.

Yes, very gripping and fatalisitc. I would argue that movies are the highest form of art within mass media. Video games somehow have not reached this level of excellence.

Last edited by Creamu,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, very gripping and fatalisitc. I would argue that movies are the highest form of art within mass media. Video games somehow have not reached this level of excellence.
I read Red Dead Redemption 2 is apparently an amazing Western game, but depressingly boring for the first few hours. Guess it has that John Wayne movie experience going for it.

The first Red Dead Redemption got me completely hooked up and the ending.. damn!

Reactions: Creamu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte