Gaming Is Game Pass Ultimate a system seller feature for you?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Given a fairly meager monthly asking price, or the ability to convert old months of Gold into the new format, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is an insane bargain. You get everything first party on launch, and Microsoft just keeps buying up companies. But with no real major exclusives on the way, if ever, thanks to their incredibly good PC support, the Series X/S is kind of a hard sell to some. So, is game pass enough of a reason for you to want a new Xbox? Or are you content enough to stick with PlayStation for their exclusives? What exactly would make YOU want an Xbox Series X/S?

Reactions: guisadop

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'd want an Xbox Series X/S if it had support for Kinect since most of my Xbox One games are kinect games. In terms of game pass, I'm not that interested since I always end up playing the same old games most of the time. If the service somehow lets you play games as quickly as Netflix plays videos (without the lag and having to line up, unlike Control's cloud version), I might be more interested.

Last edited by fvig2001,

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I am on xbox pass ultimate but didn’t download anything yet .... I didn’t take advantage of the $1 trail yet hehe because there are nothing their for me. I want rpgs and I bought most of them already.

I never played halo and I can access them all now but I dont like halo nor gears of wars their files are also big so I have to wait for unwanted games hehe.

Maybe if streaming games works great I might play them for quick 5 minutes.

Dragon quest 11 is also available on pass but I want to buy not rent it. I can afford now.

These kinds of services are for poor people to be honest I prefer buying games.

Last edited by MohammedQ8,

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If I didn't have a PC, I'd be getting a Series X almost exclusively because of GamePass alone. The majority of what I play is on both consoles anyway, and I've very little interest in most PlayStation exclusives.

That said, as I do have a PC, I likely won't be continuing my Xbox gaming on the console side. But if Game Pass for PC starts getting a bit more love, and especially when the first party games start coming to it, it'll be an instant subscribe for me.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Given a fairly meager monthly asking price, or the ability to convert old months of Gold into the new format, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is an insane bargain. You get everything first party on launch, and Microsoft just keeps buying up companies. But with no real major exclusives on the way, if ever, thanks to their incredibly good PC support, the Series X/S is kind of a hard sell to some. So, is game pass enough of a reason for you to want a new Xbox? Or are you content enough to stick with PlayStation for their exclusives? What exactly would make YOU want an Xbox Series X/S?
The X-Box line is a price to performance banger. It's an easy recommendation over a PC in that price bracket. Or even price to performance of any bracket.

Most PC gamers still game at 1080p with a 10 series gpu or less. 20 series didn't do as well as 10 series. The New X-Box consoles is a cheaper upgrade then getting a new 30 series or rx gpu. Its a lot less enticing to people with a 20 or 30 series but that makes up a smaller amount of people who own one.

Reactions: RyRyIV

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sold off my Xbox One S and bought a Series X this season primarily based on my Game Pass subscription. There are a lot of great titles I haven't gotten to in it and I've got it until 2022 already so playing them with better performance and loading times was very appealing. Ultimately I'll end up with a PS5 in hand down the road as well.

Spending the cash on a 3080 or 3070 would have still been real sweet but I'm on a pile of systems every day for my job in the exact same room and chair. Using a console in my downtime helps with work/life balance which is far more important to me than having the best stuff in the end.

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The X-Box line is a price to performance banger. It's an easy recommendation over a PC in that price bracket. Or even price to performance of any bracket.

Most PC gamers still game at 1080p with a 10 series gpu or less. 20 series didn't do as well as 10 series. The New X-Box consoles is a cheaper upgrade then getting a new 30 series or rx gpu. Its a lot less enticing to people with a 20 or 30 series but that makes up a smaller amount of people who own one.
I've actually given this same advice to a few friends who were on the fence about making the jump to PC. Pointing out the specs available for $500, compared to what those would cost on a PC, it really just isn't worth building a PC right now unless you need it for things besides gaming. I need my PC for work from home, so it made sense to make the switch. But if I didn't have that need, I'd be all over Xbox.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I've actually given this same advice to a few friends who were on the fence about making the jump to PC. Pointing out the specs available for $500, compared to what those would cost on a PC, it really just isn't worth building a PC right now unless you need it for things besides gaming. I need my PC for work from home, so it made sense to make the switch. But if I didn't have that need, I'd be all over Xbox.
Even the $300 console is a great purchase. Great emulation device too. Best $300 emulation box you can get right now. Just activate Developers program and good to go without any hacking. Whenever people ask me I always recommend the console over PC.

Unless you get a 3080 or rx 6800. Graphically with those cards on PC is better but real world difference is not noticable. Go to any video on YouTube showing the difference and most people will say there's hardly any graphical difference.

Reactions: RyRyIV

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Owned an original XBOX hardly ever played it due to a lack of games that interested me

Owned a Xbox 360 hardly ever played it due to a lack of games that interested me. 90 % of the game library was FPS games

Owned a Xbox One hardly ever played it due to a lack of games that interested me. 95% of the games library was FPS games

Not making the same mistake again. I will stick to playing PlayStation and Nintendo consoles.

Reactions: Deleted User

farias0

Whatever
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't buy a console this generation but I'm set on grabbing a Series S in the next couple months because of Game Pass alone. Most of the games I skipped on last generation but I want to play are there.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game Pass is not even on my radar as something I might consider (so much so I doubt I can cover prices, features or the like beyond a cursory overview). Shiny disc/cart or DRM free download, maybe on rare occasion profile I can be bothered to resell or in fantasy land shop in which you can resell (read I can buy that which others resell). Game library is an even worse offering, even if they chuck the odd token new game in there.

Things being on PC at some point compared to consoles I treat almost as a given so eh.

Somewhat sadly it will probably prove to be popular. Don't think it will result in more fun games being made that might not otherwise have been made though.

Owned an original XBOX hardly ever played it due to a lack of games that interested me

Owned a Xbox 360 hardly ever played it due to a lack of games that interested me. 90 % of the game library was FPS games

Owned a Xbox One hardly ever played it due to a lack of games that interested me. 95% of the games library was FPS games

Not making the same mistake again. I will stick to playing PlayStation and Nintendo consoles.

Xbox I can see if faced off against the PS2 but it is not something I am inclined to dismiss lightly.

From where I sit the 360 library was superior to the PS3 one thanks to a few games, and it being lead device in many cases, and otherwise near identical for the rest of it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-and-360-exclusives-a-discussion.360416/
Equally 95% might well be something but if there are 2000 odd offerings otherwise then that is still a lot to pick from.
At best buying a PS3 got you free online, a handful of mediocre Japanese role playing games and what in my case was a hand killer controller.

They did seem to lose the plot with the xbone though. Pity as competition is good to have.

As for Nintendo consoles, which mostly stopped even attempting competition with the Gamecube, then I mostly got them for non Nintendo titles. Post SNES and post DS they seem to be lacking, and also struggle to give me a snapshot of gaming at the time; I am sure Uncharted is nice but there are plenty of runny, jumpy, climby, shooty games that rip off adventure stories, and likewise Halo is probably nice but sci fi shooting game is equally well served, Forza is OK if you like simulation driving but Gran Turismo is a thing on the other side and there are 1000 others, try doing any of that on a Nintendo console since the SNES and you will struggle.

Reactions: Ryccardo

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
This game is on game pass and I am on game pass trail $1 too but I bought it hehe.

I stopped my Netflix subscription and switched to game pass ..... at least I can play online games on xbox later and there are games.

If that visa have enough money for them to take then I will continue to be on it hehe if not oh well.

I subscribed to Nintendo online due to smash even though I dont play online very much and also for Pokemon.

I never subscribed to PlayStation online service because I only play single player games on it the only reason to subscribe to it is for cloud save.

Attachments

• 8D64F8CC-C6B5-4CBB-BE30-8F8232EB68AE.jpeg
    8D64F8CC-C6B5-4CBB-BE30-8F8232EB68AE.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 228

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently own game pass I had it last year. I'll give you my honest opinion for Microsoft Games the games will never delist. Other games they may offer for 10 months or a year and delist it and for $180 a year you can kinda buy the Microsoft exclusives for cheap. Gamepass is better than PS Now however the only thing that sets it back is by delisting some games. It's kinda up to you but I'm pushing more for ownership versus keep on subscribing

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The vast majority of games I play are Jrpgs lol and I have always hated xbox controllers.
It was something about the PS3 for me. Played any amount of PS1 (sporting analogues and original) and PS2 for hours on end. Fine.
PS4 also seems OK.

PS3... few hours of Unreal and my hands were like claws.

Did the PS3 have much going for it other than Ni No Kuni and a few late stage efforts from NIS?
I played a lot of those too, nothing I would care to play if it instead meant I lost out on MagnaCarta II.

D

Deleted User

To be honest, XBox is the last Console I'd buy.

There is little point buying when every single Title can be played just as well on a PC, for a person like myself who already owns a PC for daily life.

As much as I feel that PC games are practically ports of a Gaming Industry focused on Consoles, XBox is still the last choice because I would rather go and purchase a Gaming System that will have Exclusive Titles, i.e. Nintendo and Sony.

Last edited by ,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly it's the genre of games that xbox doesn't have, that is the reason why I don't have any interest in owning one. The xbox game pass with the backwards compatible games, with the all digital xbox series s (I think that's the $300 budget version) Is a bit enticing. Or running dev console mode and installing emulators. But with lack of games like platforming, fighting, jrpg, it isn't something I can commit to. :blink:

Everytime I see a game trailer I'm interested in, what happens at the end of it? "Coming soon to Playstation, Nintendo and pc" Where is xbox? Nowhere to be found. Not to mention the games they do have, I can also get somewhere else. The exclusive games that you would only find on xbox ends up on steam. (Halo collection, killer instinct, sunset overdrive, dead rising 3 & 4, phantasy star online 2):ph34r:

I do see an effort by microsoft to push more sales. But some of it isn't feeling right with me. If there is any credit, it's the game pass and the $300 new console (Despite being digital only) another point might be the better hardware compare to playstation (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and the less strict censorship that sony been doing that made games like Gal Gun returns get released on xbox instead of playstation. Still is just not enough for me to want an xbox. Get more variety of genres and "killer app" exclusives. Keep doing your best Phil Spencer. :)

Side note. Xbox's reputation might be in the best standing currently compared to sony and their censorship issues, or nintendo and their list of annoyingly bad habits. Cease and Desist of fan games or tournaments. Lack of support for cooperating with esports broadcasters. "mario 3d allstars"and fire emblem nes game being localized very skeptical decisions since releasing super mario all star on a wii disc. (I can go on) :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1