Is FW 2.05 safe on an original (miniSD) EZ-F IV?

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an original EZ-Flash IV, firmware is on 2.01.

It has a miniSD slot. Not microSD. I am currently using a 2GB microSD (regular SD, not HC or XC), in a miniSD adapter.

The later microSD version of the EZ-F IV used microSD and I think it has to be SDHC. That's not a problem. I'm mostly interested in updating the fw if there are any speed or feature updates.

But is it safe to install on my dinosaur version?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can update to the latest firmware. (I recommend Clearlooks v5.) This will allow it to use SDHC cards, but non-SDHC cards will not work on the latest firmware. Update using an older firmware to use non-SDHC cards.

Last edited by zfreeman,
Reactions: Hanafuda

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can update to the latest firmware. (I recommend Clearlooks v5.) This will allow it to use SDHC cards, but non-SDHC cards will not work on the latest firmware. Update using an older firmware to use non-SDHC cards.

Thanks. I'll look into the Clearlooks FW, thanks for the tip. I haven't used this cart for years, but I recently decked out my Gamecube w/ GC Loader, SD2SP2, and a Retro-Bit Prism. Using GBI on the Gameboy Player. Looks amazing.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.