Is Flash2advance Ultra a good cart?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dead Ghost, Aug 28, 2007.

Aug 28, 2007
  1. Dead Ghost
    OP

Member Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I have a GBA SP and want a gba only card with real time save support and very good compatibility. Is this a good card? Flash2advance ultra? And yes, i know about G6 Lite, but i want some alternatives. Only for a GBA SP.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It's a fairly decent cart, yes. I have one, which I use for most of my GBA gaming. The official database hasn't been updated in a long time, but a fan update adds several hundred games. Just keep in mind that unlike the G6, it will have NOR flash, which is rather cumbersome to work with and also greatly limits your total capacity. A "1G" card actually only contains 128 megabytes of space.

I haven't fooled with the real-time save feature too much, as it only works on commercial games, but what little testing I did do showed that it worked alright.

All in all, you'd probably be better off with a NAND-based adapter like the Supercard, M3 Perfect, or G6.

3. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's been officially abandoned so you are better off with a cart that's still supported by the manufacture.

I own one and it still works, but hunting down the software for it if you lose anything is a pain.