Hacking Question Is Emunand really interesting if you only play games offline and don’t plan to downgrade?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The current atmosphere allows you to update officially without burning fuses, so you could just use atmosphere for updating and get fuse preserving practically for free (if you use AutoRCM), and you wouldn't have to manually enable AutoRCM again

(Btw: I think you mean latest gc firm, because how would you update if you are offline all the time?)
I can update system firmware online even when superbanned

Reactions: MUDD_BR

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The good thing with Emunand, is that you can keep sysnand safe from bricks...you can have « almost « a 1:1 copy of the sysnand...so space on sd is not « wasted « as you can install nsps or xci’s...on Emunand...The only thing I do regularly...being on exfat...is backuping my game ´s saves...in case of corruption...

Also, I use Emunand with xci’s external usb hard disk...and no speed issues...everything works well...

Reactions: PyroGoat

silent_eve

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on EmuNAND Offline for my dirty stuff and SysNAND for my legit stuff, online, etc.. not banned.

But on a serious and curious note, for us SX OS users, when on SysNAND, how easy is it for Nintendo to simply put a little code to check your SD CARD? If it sees you have boot.dat and license.dat then your flagged for ban while when it connects online? Trying not to jinx everyone but can they and will they? Or will this breach some privacy act of some sort.

If you are using emunand, do you have to restore your real Nand everytime you want to play online with your legit games?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you are using emunand, do you have to restore your real Nand everytime you want to play online with your legit games?

SysNand and EmuNand are separate, they don't talk or see each other, EmuNand sits on the SD CARD, if you want to go online and play legit games just reboot your Switch normally, this will boot normally into SysNand, here you do all your legit stuff. If you want to go back to EmuNand, just insert the SX OS dongle and RCM jig and boot into EmuNand. No need to restore anything, as long as your SysNand is clean and not touched anything CFW related. At the moment Nintendo isn't checking SD CARD content to see if you have anything dodgy.

Reactions: silent_eve

Trunks101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently just set up my Emunand and I was wondering how do I transfer newer games that I downloaded on the SYSNAND to the EMUNAND after I already made an Emunand from SysNand before I bought the new game.
Do I have to do the whole process again, or is there an easier way?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have recently just set up my Emunand and I was wondering how do I transfer newer games that I downloaded on the SYSNAND to the EMUNAND after I already made an Emunand from SysNand before I bought the new game.
Do I have to do the whole process again, or is there an easier way?
Are you using Atmosphere?
By default Atmosphere loads from the Nintendo folder located in emuMMC\RAW1 instead of from the root. So you just have to move the Nintendo folder there.
In SX OS it loads from Emutendo instead of Nintendo.

Trunks101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using Atmosphere?
By default Atmosphere loads from the Nintendo folder located in emuMMC\RAW1 instead of from the root. So you just have to move the Nintendo folder there.
In SX OS it loads from Emutendo instead of Nintendo.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am currently using SX OS, so do i just copy all the contents in the Nintendo folder to the Emutendo Folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1