Hacking is DX shipping the new 2.1 AceKard2

joecrack57

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going to buy one and i want to know if Dx is already shipping those and i was thinking of getting this one:Acekard2is this one, one of the new batch that have the black PCBS and say 2.1 on it?
and what is this AKAIO firmware, is better than the Acekard Team one that updates frequently, and how do i use it?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
akaio is "Acekard All In One" firmware coded by smiths and normmatt. the other firmewares (both official and Gelu's custom) only work on a specific card, where akaio will work on the ak2, rpg, and ak+. yes akaio is very awesome with great features and a sweet interface. however the akaio loaders are not as up-to-date as the officials. gelu is the rpg master (as norm will proudly let you know), so if you have an rpg you might want his firmware with 3-in-1 support. for ak2 you can use akaio and then take the akmenu4.nds that comes with the official firmware and drop it in the _aio/ak2loader folder. this will allow you to use akaio for the GUI but launch roms using the updated loader which is built into the official .nds. this will not work on the rpg, because the way the game names transfer to the loader is different than on the ak2.

any more questions please ask. akaio does have a small learning curve so post when you get confused or stuck.

-another world

joecrack57

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
akaio is "Acekard All In One" firmware coded by smiths and normmatt. the other firmewares (both official and Gelu's custom) only work on a specific card, where akaio will work on the ak2, rpg, and ak+. yes akaio is very awesome with great features and a sweet interface. however the akaio loaders are not as up-to-date as the officials. gelu is the rpg master (as norm will proudly let you know), so if you have an rpg you might want his firmware with 3-in-1 support. for ak2 you can use akaio and then take the akmenu4.nds that comes with the official firmware and drop it in the _aio/ak2loader folder. this will allow you to use akaio for the GUI but launch roms using the updated loader which is built into the official .nds. this will not work on the rpg, because the way the game names transfer to the loader is different than on the ak2.

any more questions please ask. akaio does have a small learning curve so post when you get confused or stuck.

-another world
thank you very much
biggrin.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you are very weclome.

some other stuff you might want to know.

turning on patches (soft reset, cheats, etc) is a global setting in the menu. but if you highlight a rom and hit "Y" you can set them per rom. the softreset is L+R+A+B+Down. there is more to uncover so like i said ask if you have questions.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end