Homebrew Is DSiWare downgrade with menuhax + JKSM possible?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,117
  • Replies 36

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's possible?

I guess it's possible because the JKSM runs on the latest version.
JKSM only uses an arm11 userland exploit. Dsiware titles are stored on the nand, so you would need a kernel exploit to read and write to the saves. The only thing that I can think of that would allow you to read or write to the saves without a kernel exploit is if you transfer the DsiWare game to your SD card and someone figures out how to access the saves from there, but that would probably be a lot more complicated. I'm pretty sure you need an arm9 kernel exploit to write to DsiWare saves, but there would be no point in downgrading if there was one.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
JKSM only uses an arm11 userland exploit. Dsiware titles are stored on the nand, so you would need a kernel exploit to read and write to the saves. The only thing that I can think of that would allow you to read or write to the saves without a kernel exploit is if you transfer the DsiWare game to your SD card and someone figures out how to access the saves from there, but that would probably be a lot more complicated. I'm pretty sure you need an arm9 kernel exploit to write to DsiWare saves, but there would be no point in downgrading if there was one.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-twltool-dsi-downgrading-save-injection-etc-multitool.393488/ would this come into any use? Oo

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
no its not how it works dont create useless thread about questions if you have a question use noob paradise this question already asked so many times we cant because dsiware saves stored in nand

D

Deleted User

OP
What if I fill the nand with DSiWare games?

They are leftover go to the sdcard?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no its not how it works dont create useless thread about questions if you have a question use noob paradise this question already asked so many times we cant because dsiware saves stored in nand
Sure, I will read 1356 comments...

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if I fill the nand with DSiWare games?

They are leftover go to the sdcard?
You still can't play DsiWare games off of the SD card. When you transfer a DsiWare game to the SD card, the save also transfers with it, so someone could figure out a way to change the save then write it back to the system, but that might not be possible. It would be better to just wait for an arm9 kernel exploit.

D

Deleted User

OP
I remember that there was such a tool required a long time ago to install the original sudokohax (because you use some sort of dev DS save injector... I think the same tool could extract saves too. If fieldhax can run the dgTool.nds required for the firm downgrade... It can technically run this tool too)

@Apache Thunder would know a lot on this because I believe he wrote the original sudokohax guide

I can try to test this out later if I ever get the chance

Last edited by , , Reason: Quoted the wrong post

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember that there was such a tool required a long time ago to install the original sudokohax (because you use some sort of dev DS save injector... I think the same tool could extract saves too. If fieldhax can run the dgTool.nds required for the firm downgrade... It can technically run this tool too)

@Apache Thunder would know a lot on this because I believe he wrote the original sudokohax guide

I can try to test this out later if I ever get the chance
Did the tool require a kernel exploit to use? Or could it inject a save into a DsiWare game stored on the SD card?

D

Deleted User

OP
Did the tool require a kernel exploit to use? Or could it inject a save into a DsiWare game stored on the SD card?
it required sudokohax.... Which can boot into boot.nds. And since feildhax can boot into boot.nds too... Cause TWL firm technically has a little more authority (which is why we can downgrade firm).... That is all we need for it to work

Last edited by ,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it required sudokohax.... Which can boot into boot.nds. And since feildhax can boot into boot.nds too... Cause TWL firm technically has a little more authority (which is why we can downgrade firm).... That is all we need for it to work
Does sudokuhax work on 11.0?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Technically it should since Fieldhax works
The way fieldhax works is you need another 3ds with custom firmware to install the save, then you do a system transfer to transfer the save to the normal 3ds, so I don't think that method would work for injecting a save without a second 3ds because it requires an arm9 exploit. I'm still wondering if you'd be able to inject a save to a Dsiware game that's stored on the SD card though, because that might be possible but no one has tried it yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all