Misc is Ds wifi different for newer ds's ?

sipoon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a first gen ds phat that finds and connects to wi fi fine, (its a d-link DI-624)
I just got a ds lite that can find the AP but does not connect, no matter what i do,
-turning off wep (i kno, ascii wep does not work)
-turning off mac filtering
-enabling static ip
-enabling dynamic ip

did Nintendo wized up and decided to make people pay for a Nintendo wi-fi usb connector ?
or is it just luck of the draw whether wifi works ?
does your ds lite work with your router?
do you have more than 1 ds connected to your router ?

sigh.
unsure.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, let's try this one facet at a time. I had a DS Phat, and at the time that Netgear router didn't support the DS Phat. So I bought a USB connector for just that purpose. Worked fine. The OTHER network I usually connected to was WPK, so I needed to use the connector anyhow to use my laptop as a gateway.

Fast forward to now. I have a DSLite, and the router is now supported. So yes, they both work with the router now, and I have had friends all get online to do Metroid Prime Hunters, and didn't have a problem. That would have been, 4 or 5 online at one time through the router, with 8 PCs running through the router, 2 Wiis, and 1 Xbox. I'd say it can handle it.

Might be just shoddy luck on your part. Upgrade the firmware for your router, Google compatibility with DS, and perhaps set up an exception for your DS as a connected device?

Let me know if any of that works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1