Hacking Is CycloDS still the only cart to support SDHC?

Spawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I will probably buy a CycloDS for all my NDS needs. Now I would like a slot-2 cart to add SDHC for all my GBA, NES, SNES, movies, ect... I realise that there are not many of the cards around yet, but eventually there will be 16 and 32GB cards available. I can hear the crittics already: "how many games do you need to play at once?" Just 1!!! But quite frankly, I find the whole process of loading and unloading games on and off of small memory cards very tedious. Not to mention worrying about transferring your save files.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just get an EZ 3-in-1 Expansion. That way, you won't have to change the SD card from one flashcart to another. Besides it's like 20 bucks and it has vibration and it works as an Opera RAM too. I think it's a great gadget for all Slot-1 users.

TeraS

Trophies
XP
Country
cyclo is an updated version of dlink.

Team Cyclo got great developers as they are the first with 100% dl compatibility

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
They fixed that in v35 supposedly as the release notes states that SDHC support was fixed so that you can play games from them. That version is chinese only the last time I looked though.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 16 and 32 SDHC Micro cards, would they be out in early or late 2008?

Aren't we only seeing 4 and 6 now, with 8 coming out around the holidays?

Spawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the responses. My current M3 Perfect will end up being used in my 2nd Gameboy Micro as it will fit flush. I do not like the EZ 3 in 1 solution because it is the slot-1 card that takes the microsd. The slot-2 has onboard memory and is not expandable. And I have already chosen CycloDS Evo for my slot-1 so no need for another. I guess my best bet for a slot-2 at this time would be an M3 Lite since it has %100 GBA compatibility and will fit my NDS flush. I just wish someone could confirm weather or not they do/or plan to support SDHC. I thought I read somewhere that the SDHC specification is hardware controlled, therefore firmware updates will not be able to add support for it... Thus the reason why SDHC cards are sold with SDHC card readers. You cannot update the driver on your PC's card reader to recognize it either. Can anyone else confirm this? I know it will be a long time before cards of significant size are out, but I would still like know that when they are out, I will be ready to buy 2!!!

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
For the M3 lineup.. Here is the v35 changelog so this is not for the M3 Simply... Note that v35 is chinese only at this time.
QUOTE said:
M3 v35 full changelog (v35)

M3 firmware v35 (internal version v5.10) full changelog:

English translation:

NDS end :
1. Multimedia expansion of functional components increased support players GBalpha NDS Movie conversion software conversion DSM film;
2.NDS model systems support SDHC standard SD, miniSD and microSD.
(SDHC card support is limited to NDS system, currently used SDHC cards can not be used to run games, the game engine and the need to change the game with software updates, SDHC cards can be used normal use all the features of the Multimedia)

Original Chinese:

NDS??
1.???????????????GBalpha NDS Movie???????DSM???
2.NDS????????SDHC???SD?miniSD?microSD?
(??SDHC????NDS???????SDHC??????????????????????????????SDHC???????????????)

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
For the M3 lineup.. Here is the v35 changelog so this is not for the M3 Simply... Note that v35 is chinese only at this time.
QUOTE said:
M3 v35 full changelog (v35)

M3 firmware v35 (internal version v5.10) full changelog:

English translation:

NDS end :
1. Multimedia expansion of functional components increased support players GBalpha NDS Movie conversion software conversion DSM film;
2.NDS model systems support SDHC standard SD, miniSD and microSD.
(SDHC card support is limited to NDS system, currently used SDHC cards can not be used to run games, the game engine and the need to change the game with software updates, SDHC cards can be used normal use all the features of the Multimedia)

Original Chinese:

NDS??
1.???????????????GBalpha NDS Movie???????DSM???
2.NDS????????SDHC???SD?miniSD?microSD?
(??SDHC????NDS???????SDHC??????????????????????????????SDHC???????????????)

Here is the M3 v35 English version from M3 Team officially.

Original Link : http://www.hacken.cc/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=7256

Mirror :

http://rapidshare.com/files/48367514/updagcsd.e35.zip SD ver

http://rapidshare.com/files/48367788/updategc.e35.zip CF ver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too