Hacking Is Clean Rip the only way to copy games to computer?

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used clean rip to import the Last Story onto my usb stick. When it finished, it was in two separate files. I use hjsplit to try and combine them, but when I rename part 0 and part 1 so hjsplit can read them, part 0 turns into a .rar file. Does anyone know why this is? Is there another method to copying disks into an iso file?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I used clean rip to import the Last Story onto my usb stick. When it finished, it was in two separate files. I use hjsplit to try and combine them, but when I rename part 0 and part 1 so hjsplit can read them, part 0 turns into a .rar file. Does anyone know why this is? Is there another method to copying disks into an iso file?
Hello.:)

This happens,if your target device is formatted with FAT32.As I remember correct you can choose the File system first (FAT or NTFS).If you use an USB device formatted with NTFSthen you get ONE unsplitted file.

With FAT32 you can use the Files with WiiBackupManager to get it work.

That means in both cases: please use the WiiBackupManager to get the ripped games to your USB device to work correctly.

You can also try it to use the USBLoader GX to to this for you.If you ut a Game into the DRive,USBLoader prompts you to INSTALL or MOUNT and LOAD the Disc.
Depending on how Type your Wii DVD Drive is and how good it is in "shape" to read the disc/how is the Disc itself, it works or maybe not.

Other method to get your Wii game on your PC is an LG Drive:

- LG GDR-8161B
- LG GDR-8162B
- LG GDR-8163B
- LG GDR-8164B
(HL-DT-ST/DVD-ROM GDR8163B)
(HL-DT-ST/DVD-ROM GDR8164B)
All IDE PC Drives.

LG GDR-H10NBLK (S-ATA)

There are maybe more working Drives.:)
With them you can read your Gamecube/Wii discs 1:1 RAW on your PC HDD.
The TOOL you need is RAWDUMP or FRIIDUMP.

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renaming files doesn't "turn" them into another format. Renaming them also isn't necessary to combine files. You can just use the command line and write copy /B game.part0.iso + game.part1.iso full_game.iso
Where do my files have to be for this to work? They're on my desktop right now and it says the system can't find the files specified.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM