ROM Hack Is CIA more than just roms?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just think of it as the container format for the 3ds, it can contain a number of different things, updates, dlc, roms, rom hacks, themes etc

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just think of it as the container format for the 3ds, it can contain a number of different things, updates, dlc, roms, rom hacks, themes etc
Ever used a self-extracting archive? CIA is the 3DS' own format of that. And, just like those, you need programs to handle and unpack them automatically for you.
Unlike typical operating systems, however, you need to install one for 3DS. Hence FBI.
EDIT: I have no freakin' idea what browser bug caused this post to be posted so late. Please pardon my necroposting.

Last edited by N7Kopper,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ever used a self-extracting archive? CIA is the 3DS' own format of that. And, just like those, you need programs to handle and unpack them automatically for you.
Unlike typical operating systems, however, you need to install one for 3DS. Hence FBI.
EDIT: I have no freakin' idea what browser bug caused this post to be posted so late. Please pardon my necroposting.
eh well self extracting archives are self extacting - cia isn't 'self extracting' or self installing, we don't execute the cia... we install it with devmenu/fbi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: