Gaming Is Call Of Duty on the DS good?

Lockon Stratos

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't played it yet and the other Call of Duty games normally are good and I've heard it is good.
tongue.gif

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
They're pretty good, especially World at War.

CoD4 could've been just as good if it had online and if it took less bullets to take down a enemy. You pretty much HAVE to make headshots just to kill somebody. If you have played the first Crysis you'll know what I mean. Stupid korean crysis guys.

Lockon Stratos

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rauthelegendary said:
They're pretty good, especially World at War.

CoD4 could've been just as good if it had online and if it took less bullets to take down a enemy. You pretty much HAVE to make headshots just to kill somebody. If you have played the first Crysis you'll know what I mean. Stupid korean crysis guys.
Oh okay I got world at war on my 360 and that's REALLY good on online very busys and I think at peak time it's 300,000 people online. You would find a match in seconds so I was just wondering if the Ds version is the same.
tongue.gif

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The gameplay is pretty good, wouldn't disappoint fans of previous CoDs. But the enemies' (and allies') AI are not that good (I remember one mission where I need to steal a document and the enemy just stood there, doing nothing), making the game easier (even on Hard mode).

I haven't tried multiplayer though, but according to others, it's one of the best multiplayer / WiFi experience for DS.

Overall, if you'd overlook the enemy AI and graphics (of course), CoD:WaW is a good game.
smile.gif

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good for DS, but not that great. The multiplayer is where the real fun is. Unless you're one of the noobs
rofl2.gif

(And most people are, which is how I got a KillDeathRatio of over 3)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the DS itself ignoring other platforms they're both fantastic. COD4 you play the side story to the main game on consoles/PC (you're like the 'other' group of marines that pop up.) Visually it's way up there for a 3D DS game, same with the audio and voices. Controls are handled fantastically and it really gives the game some great life and play/replay value. The one big groan to it for some is the lack of WiFi, but World at War took care of that. COD5(WaW) has all the original did, but knocks up the a/v package a notch and gives WiFi. This game follows the main one a bit closer as much as possible, even in ways where you're inside of large bombers and take shots at planes and stuff.

Both them are some of the highest production values you can get on the DS still in the a/v department, and the controls work great as well. They're not astoundingly long, but they're quite good runs and are replayable. The AI works, but it's not console/PC genius, but what do you expect as it's the DS and the CPU can only do so much, plus they have to accomodate some reasonableness in there for having to do it with a stylus.

I'd say grab them both, but if you had to only ever get one, get WaW because it's both on and offline so it has more lifespan.

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
So CoD4 DS is also good? I keep reading it sucks and WaW is a lot better. I'm only in it for single player, so should I play both? I like the fact they aren't long games too.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CoD4 was ok at best, depends on how many FPS games you've played. If you've only got a DS then I guess you'll like them more.

Not played the last one but everyone says its a lot better.

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CoD4's SP sucked. I expected more -- like, a real FPS campaign, like every OTHER Call of Duty. But instead, you get a half-assed singleplayer beat-the-mission like thing. And no ONLINE.

I haven't played 5 yet, but I expect it to be much better -- I hardly hear anything bad about it.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to these haters on COD4 for the DS, they're probably bitter it isn't some huge expansive world of the PC title and lacks the online, many FPS people get blinders over that.

COD4 while it won't take more than a few hours to finish has multiple challenge levels and the depth that the DS allows should not be ignored. YOu can get it I think $15 used/20 new these days (or something like that if you're buying) so I'd say get it. It's not halfassed, it's not a 'beat the mission bit' either anymore than the full scale game as it was done in bite sized chunks too.

I do agree though that World at War is far more advanced, smarter AI, and has some more things in general to do, but what do you expect for a 2nd generation CoD title...going backwards?

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Don't listen to these haters on COD4 for the DS, they're probably bitter it isn't some huge expansive world of the PC title and lacks the online, many FPS people get blinders over that.

COD4 while it won't take more than a few hours to finish has multiple challenge levels and the depth that the DS allows should not be ignored. YOu can get it I think $15 used/20 new these days (or something like that if you're buying) so I'd say get it. It's not halfassed, it's not a 'beat the mission bit' either anymore than the full scale game as it was done in bite sized chunks too.

I do agree though that World at War is far more advanced, smarter AI, and has some more things in general to do, but what do you expect for a 2nd generation CoD title...going backwards?

I never played CoD4 for any other console than DS more than twice....

I just think, as far as FPS games go on the DS, it sucks. try Brothers in Arms DS. THAT'S way better. You get to drive a tank instead of a stupid car turret XD

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokewiz99 said:
Vampire Hunter D said:

I never played CoD4 for any other console than DS more than twice....

I just think, as far as FPS games go on the DS, it sucks. try Brothers in Arms DS. THAT'S way better. You get to drive a tank instead of a stupid car turret XD

BiA doesn't let you rain down 105mm fire from a gunship either. I liked that part of CoD4.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The next CoD game should improve to
-More Players on an online game
-More game modes
-Wider and more complicated maps
-Perks
-Custom Classes
-Better Radar
-Voice Chat
-Double Tapping for jump (it's not even used in this game, EMPTY CONTROL SPOT N-SPACE, USE IT :])
Then it will match with metroid, not beat it

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to Brothers in Arms DS, I have that too, and I do agree the tank part was stellar fun and I enjoyed the destructable environments as that was totally new stuff there. And while I miss the tank bit in COD4, I think the ability to rain hell from above using the C-130 more than compensates as that stage was insane.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself