Hardware is buying off brand controllers the best?

Lord-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They work all right with unaltered wiis and games but they don't work well with homebrew aplications. They get desyncronized and stuff.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say the only after market controller I have ever loved... was my NES Advantages.... If the Wii Classic controller counts as an after market then count that too lol

Other then that very few controllers I like then the stock ones, call me picky but what ever
smile.gif

Xii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reading your post, JonthanD, confused me at first since Nintendo sold the NES Advantage. Third party accessories shouldn't be confused with official Nintendo accessories.

I have a Nyko Wand Core Pak which works fairly well as a second controller. I have small issues like the power button turns off the remote but not the system, weird behavior in some homebrew, and so on. Most of the time I stick to the Nintendo Wii Remote though.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a blue wiimote + nunchuck from ebay for $10 and it works just like the original except for the sound quality which is a little (not any difference then original) distorted and it is much louder.

It syncs well with the Wii, basically like the original.... thats all I have to say about it really.

Smogen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be weary of off brand controls from ebay. I bought a black Wii Remote from Hong Kong and it syncs up fine however while you are playing it will cut out for a split second. Its a real bitch when you're trying to jump over a gap and it cuts out for a split second mid jump and you die.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Smogen said:
I would be weary of off brand controls from ebay. I bought a black Wii Remote from Hong Kong and it syncs up fine however while you are playing it will cut out for a split second. Its a real bitch when you're trying to jump over a gap and it cuts out for a split second mid jump and you die.
Damn, you were unlucky. I also have a pink one and they both work like originals. Not from HK but they were both from China. As said in my last post the only difference is the sound quality.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got 4 pairs off of dealextreme... 2 sets white, 2 sets black.... the white ones i bought early on and they were and are still good, the black ones are newer and I've noticed I've had to push the buttons a little harder on them... The nunchuck wires for the black ones also seem to come loose and then not work faster, but for the price ~$18.00 shipped, you can affored to buy them again in a year or two if needed and still be cheaper than buying 1 official wiimote. Just my 2 cents...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte